Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scraping w/ Eibach pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:13 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Scraping w/ Eibach pro?

Thanks Matt [8D]
Old 01-09-2008, 09:33 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I might have to switch my springs too, i want the roush fascia but I am not sure how much clearance I will have.....so i might get the roush fronts to give me a inch more clearance....no sure yet.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

It really depends on the body kit and wheels you have on. The springs lower the entire vehicle (chassis) while a body kit for example will just lower the bumper or side skirt and not the frame. With a CDC classic, you probably wont have too many problems w/scraping. I've never scraped the back, as low as i am, but i have scraped the front and even the center (w/the side skirts) Anyway, here is the pro-kit with our front fascia set up and 20" wheels down a ramp as well as while driving at high speeds.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:13 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

It really depends on the body kit and wheels you have on. The springs lower the entire vehicle (chassis) while a body kit for example will just lower the bumper or side skirt and not the frame. With a CDC classic, you probably wont have too many problems w/scraping. I've never scraped the back, as low as i am, but i have scraped the front and even the center (w/the side skirts) Anyway, here is the pro-kit with our front fascia set up and 20" wheels down a ramp as well as while driving at high speeds.

right click save
right click save
right click save

F**KIN LOVE UR RIDES
Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 AM
prqwler01

Have Eibach pro spring and no problem
I even back up it the drive and miss by about a 1/2 in
Old 01-10-2008, 05:57 AM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

I have the Pro-kit also and had the CDC spoiler. I never scraped the spoiler, but have scraped the Cat's going over speed bumps. Yes, I was going slow.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:46 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I think you will be alright, just aslong as you arent trying to Monster truck a curb or go over big *** speedbumps.

Quick questions, it seems like alot of you have the Eibach Prokit, is nothing else needed with that kit or what? I wanna lower it just for the look, but dont wanna have to worry about buying shocks/struts, etc. Thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 07:53 AM
joemagna
2nd Gear Member

I did pro kit and kept stock shocks with no other suspension mods.I have no problem with the ride. Im sure it would be alot better with D specs, but I am fine for now till the stock shocks wear out. Then Ill get the D specs.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Well i have 265/35/18 in front and Matt told me that i will scrape. He had the same set up and had to switch to a diff. front tire. So i'm going to prolly go with the Steeda or Roush springs which is only a 1" drop in front.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

Quick questions, it seems like alot of you have the Eibach Prokit, is nothing else needed with that kit or what? I wanna lower it just for the look, but dont wanna have to worry about buying shocks/struts, etc. Thanks
If you plan on driving on any rough freeways, like we have in L.A., then you'll notice a big degradation in ride quality. It's easier to feel it than to describe it, but it basically will feel like your shocks/struts are too soft with lowered springs.
Of course, in some parts of the country you've got some nicely paved, smooth and flat highways that won't make your lowered ride feel poor.

I recommend getting the shocks/struts installed at the same time as the springs.

Quick Reply: Scraping w/ Eibach pro?