Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

Default CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!

After washing your cars how are you guys preventing water spots? I have tried microfiber and chamois and i streaks and water spots NO matter what.

only thing i can do to get a clean dry is california water blade... THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!

I use a water blade, followed by a back pack blower, followed by Meguiars Water Magnet. OCD? Noope!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I personally use a towel called the "Absorber" to dry my car off. I pull my car into the garage while drying and have no problems with waterspots.

If you are in direct sunlight you are going to have problems with waterspots no matter what. I'm in FL so I would know all about that and yes my car is black!

-Jeff
Old 01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i use a leaf blower to dry it and i keep it in the shade, once the car starts getting mostly dry i grab some quick detailer spray some and use a microfiber towel to dry just incase i do get some water spots
Old 01-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Ghettobooty
2nd Gear Member

blower works well, but if you don't have a blower my friend who does professional detailing told me he resorts to washing and drying the car in sections in areas with very hard water (high mineral deposits in water). i tried it and it didn't really take that much longer. no water spots because no water had time to dry.

reserve the blower for difficult spots like the grill area and all the sections of the car where there are seams like the side mirrors and where parts are joined together because water always creeps down later.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:07 PM
infinityonhigh
1st Gear Member

I try to wash in the shade, that helps to keep the car out of the sun and prevent most water spots. If you do not have shade then I would suggest the microfibre and chamois route, but like you said that isn't working for you. The california waterblade is an ok tool, but I found it to mar our clear coat a little too easily. Do you put any type of sealer or wax on your car? That will always help to prevent any kind of contamination/water spots from drying onto your car. Another thought is that after you wash and dry you could always go over the car with some quick detailer to get all the spots you missed. I usually do that after I have sealed/waxed my car to get all the dried residue that I have missed. Just some ideas for you to think about.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Black05StangGT
3rd Gear Member

I'm wondering if you have "hard water stains" or acid rain type damage? Those definitely can't be washed off...if not then I'm sure the above methods will work just fine...
Old 01-13-2008, 06:17 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

hmm, never had any problems with hard water stains, I use a wiper blade and microfiber towels
Old 01-13-2008, 06:22 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

have your washer thing (rag, sponge, anything) in your left hand and the hose in the other hand. when you are washing your vehicle, keep the entire thing wet at all times. keep spraying it over and over. then when you are done scrubbing hop in your car real quick and do a series of speeing up and breaking really fast. then hop out and use your microfiber town. now the technique for the towel is this. start at one end of the care and dry the entire length all in the same direction.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

I use the Mr. Clean wash system. The soap has a wax safe surfacant that helps sheet the water. Then the rinse has a 'spot free' setting that filters the water through a carbon filter.

Followed up with a leaf blower = zero spots. Really cuts down on the work.

Quick Reply: CALLING ALL BLACK STANGS!!!!