Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for manuals only

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Ferrari0324
1st Gear Member

Default RE: for manuals only

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Sometimes the thickness of the sole of a pair of shoes can throw me off. I'll try to ease into the gas, and it revs really high. Then I realize I'm wearing some thick-soled Skechers. My driving is really that fine-tuned. (yeah right! jk)
That's my problem too! I always drive like crap to work when I have my thick shoes on. But then I have a nice pair with a really thing sole and I drive it much more smoothly. Once I put sneakers on too, I'm a hell of a lot better. I have trouble in sandals though.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:29 PM
bmk
2nd Gear Member

+1.. i take my left shoe off when ever i drive my car
Old 01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

Haha, i like this post. I have the same probelms as you guys have been talking about. Especially about the types of shoes, I have a pair of shoes i almost ALWAYS wear on the weekends cuz their the shoes i drive the best in and can feel the clutch LOL. My friends also think im goofy, but who cares -their the ones lookin dumb when i smoke em and tryin to get a pair of shoes like mine
Old 01-19-2008, 07:21 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Ill admit that when I first got this stang I stalled it a few times cause I couldnt tell when my rpms were rasisng cause it was so quiet. since the first 2 or 3 weeks ive never stalled it. When its cold and im shifting its a little jerky or when there is a drink in my way I may not shift as well.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Pedal "feel" is a useful and rather important part of driving, and it applies to the brake and accelerator pedals as well if/when you're driving or brakinganywhere near the limits.

It doesn't matter where I'm going - I'll always be driving with shoes that have thinnish flexible soles. But not wide soled shoes (I've snagged sole edges coming up under the brake pedal a time or two, and I really don't need that kind of excitement). Mostly you'd find me wearing Reebok walking shoes, although I do havetwo or three pairs of more conventional shoes thatare at least usable.If wherever I'm going requires something still dressier, I'll bring the dressy pair with me and change when I get there.

I will not drive with boots on. I need the "feel" and the flexibility at the ankle.

Norm
Old 01-19-2008, 07:37 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Haha well at least I know I'm not crazy. I also have off days, just sometimes I cant get in the mood/feel to drive it. My girlfriend thinks its funny. And I have also noticed that the shoes make a difference as well. I have only stalled like twice and, haven't stalled it in a loooong time till just the other day was stopped on a on-ramp with a hill, and i guess was just not thinking and stalled it. Man do I feel stupid when I do that.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:41 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

yeah i hate it cause i have running shoes, combat boots(in the military) then i have thick casual shoes, tennis shoes are the best to drive with. combat boots really throw me off though.

Also about the being tired in the morning, thats when its obviously the worst for me but then i usually wake up and get a lil better, still wierd how i have the days where i shift perfect other days its embarrasing.

LOL with sandals i just take them off.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:44 PM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattstang2007

So you have all heard of bad hair days right? Well some time i have bad shiftings days lol, most of the time i dont think about it and do fine right when i get in the car, then there's those days when i have a lil trouble going smooth through the gears, even stall once or twice he he, PLease tell me i am not the only one!
Nope, never happens to me.

Tim
Old 01-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Bnzred05

lol,i am with those who have their offdays!Some days i can shift likenoother,nailingperfect heel/toe downshifts, launches, etc. Then come the days where i cantget a smooth shift to save my life [:@]I have a pair of DC's that i wear no matter where im going, bringing my other pairs depending on the occasion.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Black_06GTStang
2nd Gear Member

I think we've all been there at some time. Glad to hear i'm not the only one with "Mustang driving shoes!"

Quick Reply: for manuals only