Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newb looking at the '05 converts

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Dare
1st Gear Member

Default Newb looking at the '05 converts

What are guys paying for the 05 converts? I'm not sure about a GT yet, because I can already imagine the price being as much as a BMW. Ok so I'm not a true Mustang fan yet. But, I've been waiting a long time to see a decent convert that I can afford and is not some tiny roadster. Sure the earlier Mustangs are nice, but I was tired of seeing the same style year after year. The new '05 convert is love at first sight for me. And sure, everyone will have one like the now older models we see all over today, but it won't be gay looking like a certain Mazda I could NOT stop hearing about around the office years ago!

Old 03-25-2005, 05:15 AM
TwenTurbos

Default RE: Newb looking at the '05 converts

There are to many factors when your asking for a price, cuz they will get something totaly diff. than you, on the other hand, the GT vert. MSRP is about 32k, and most dealerships are hitting them with a rather large mark up.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Mine...

I ordered an O5 Tourch Red GT Convertible.

Items that up the Price are:

- Automatic
- Interior Upgrade Package
- Side Mounted Air Bags
- Active Anti-Theft System
- Red Interior Accent Package
- Convertible Top Soft Boot

Also…

Dealer is switching the stock wheels and tires for Polished Aluminum Bullitts and Raised White Letter Goodyears.

Added a Electronic Day/Night Mirror with Compass and Temp display

Added Remote Control Start.

Dealer providing Vinyl Dye to make the rear seat panels red to match others.

Total Package MSRP = $ 35,637

Cash Delivered Price = $34,000

-PW
Old 03-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

OH YEA...

I currently drive an 02 BMW 325 Ci Convertable...When I got it they were running $43,000 configured simular to the stang.

NOW... an 05 BMW Ci Convertable (Which is the base model) will run you around $45,000

BUT - -- the 325ci is ONLY 190 HP...

IF you want to match the 300 HP of the Stang.. your talkin an M3 Convertable

An 05 M3 Convertable configured simular to my stang is $58,000.

so NO.... the Stang is no where near the price of a BMW.

-PW
Old 03-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

That stang seems like a great deal for $34k -- I can only hope our big Ford dealership is doing those little extras. Most dealers, "NO" is their favorite word, and if they don't have it in stock, they would rather you leave than bother them with a special order.

I just found the MSRP's on the convertibles on Ford's site -- the V6 looks OK, but the GT might be an option -- all alluminum 8V? Dang!

As far as comparing a stang to a BMW, I should have never mentioned that, but when you're spending $34k, you gotta at least think about what the import options are, financing 5k more isn't that crazy to get what you want. Maybe you have to roll down the windows manually, but it's a BMW right? lol!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Fatal Vision555

I ordered my 05 GT Convertable with all the options to even include the wheel locks, IUP, Shaker 1000, kept it a 5spd, and kept the bulitt wheels that came standard and it's running me 34,170. Tx Tag , and title included. You say your not a Mustang lover but when you sit behind the wheel and here that thing light up, it will become a new obsession especially when you have the top down.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Dare
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys I just talked to a dealer today, and you guys seem to be getting great deals. I think I'm down to this:

V6 convert - a nice convertible car I've always wanted, decent price = 20% more p****
GT convert - a kick *** sports car convertible, a little pricey for me = 80% more p****
GT hard top - a kick *** sports car for $6k less = 70% more p****

So the GT hard top would be the better dollar per p**** ratio.

I don't know if we can cuss in here, but I don't want to offend anyone, especially you married guys.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Offend.... Married guys...

haha... I'm not only a married guy.. but raised 3 kids...

I don't thinkg there is a word you could have typed that I haven't heard.. oh.. 2 or 3 hundred times...LOL but THANKS for the consideration!

Personally.. I think FORD should give us people who ORDER a car.. like a 10% discount for buying a car before the even made it.

-PW
Old 03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
clewin73

Prior to getting the x-plan, my GT convertable was out the door for $32K (tax, tags, title). It's a premium with IUP, 5 spd, and a couple of other minor upgrades. Not sure why my dealer was so accomodating when they didn't need to be - but I told them what I wanted to pay and they ended up saying OK. (Since then my friend signed my up for the x-plan which should save a couple hundred more $).
All that being said - I still don't have it yet - ordered 2/15 and it's still clean/unsked - although they did have an allocation for it.
Also, my dealer said that it will be very hard to find someone who can get you a car before late summer if ordered now... might have to settle for a v6 if you want one sooner - or scour the dealerships daily....
Chip
Old 03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
family truckster

I was in the same boat. I have a 97 Camaro SS Vert - well over 300 HP w/mods but it never felt like a true convertible to me, your practically laying down and the windshield almost hits my forehead. The Sebring is too girly and like you, I don't want a 2 seater. (I think Pontiac is going to miss the boat with the Solstis, btw)

Sure the GT conv. is nice but I like the V6 premium hildabrand style wheels better and didn't like the spoiler or huge fog lights on the GT. Yes I know about the spoiler delete. The look was sharp but what sold me is when I actually sat down in the vert. It was perfect seating arrangement and the was space between my forehead and the windshield it felt like a true convertible.

Price:
05 V6 Premium, Manual Trans, red leather, IUP, Boot - MSRP = $26,755, I got it for about $25,600. I got the X-Plan ($24,600) but the dealer would not sell it on the x-plan without adding $995 for the undercoating, paint and interior protection or stripes - my choice.