Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another poser thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 02:19 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Another poser thread.

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

vack75, Jason, couldnt have said it better brother.

oakman, love your car

chef, where have you been? good to see you back but sorry on a thread like this[&:]

gidyupgo, ease it up bro. there are bigger issues in this world to worry about. i know you didnt start this but anytime i see a thread like this, like the hood pins thread, you seem to be the first bashing. its not that big ofa deal. call me a kr shelby gt500 supersnake poser. there i did it for you. it doesnt make me, pascal, mystang04, cheftj, mygt500, pertano, larmo, and many other guys bad people, its just how we chose to "PERSONALIZE" our cars.
Well, I was done till some long winded post said me and others I believe were being disrespectfull. If I remember right, I wasn't the first or the only one that thought the hood pins were mislocated. Too close to the crease. Wasn't mean then either. Just my opinion which is what the OP asked for on that thread. He even said he was second guessing the location. Help me understand. Are we just supposed to lamely nod our heads in aggreeance to questions asked? If so, what's the point of the forum?
no giddyup....but when you label a person...that is not what they are asking you...very very few people ever come on here and ask...hey do I look fat....am i a poser etc....no they ask...this is what I did to my car...what do you think of it....your opinion should steer AWAY from labeling or naming someone as an INDIVIDUAL....hate there car...dont like what they did....dont automatically call them a name which is in essence what you do when you call someone a "POSER" for what they do with their vehicle...that is no more a warranted opinion than is calling someone a slur due to there appearance, beliefs etc....thats where opinion ends...and childishness and hatred begin...

Old 01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Sheep in Wolfs clothing -> All show, no go... "Ricer" comes to mind. Bolting enblem stuff on your car doesn't make it go any faster yo...
Wolf in Sheeps clothing -> No show, all go... The best kind, lay in wait, and then rip someone a new one!

I don't mind people putting GT/GT500 bumpers and wheels on their cars. But don't put the badges on there, they look cool and dandy, but if you don't have the muscle to back up the claim those make... That's where "I can smoke a GT500 with my bolt on 350z" comes from!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:37 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justice

Sheep in Wolfs clothing -> All show, no go... "Ricer" comes to mind. Bolting enblem stuff on your car doesn't make it go any faster yo...
Wolf in Sheeps clothing -> No show, all go... The best kind, lay in wait, and then rip someone a new one!

I don't mind people putting GT/GT500 bumpers and wheels on their cars. But don't put the badges on there, they look cool and dandy, but if you don't have the muscle to back up the claim those make... That's where "I can smoke a GT500 with my bolt on 350z" comes from!
so its ok to upbadge if you have a blower on your v8 to back it up?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

vack75, Jason, couldnt have said it better brother.

oakman, love your car

chef, where have you been? good to see you back but sorry on a thread like this[&:]

gidyupgo, ease it up bro. there are bigger issues in this world to worry about. i know you didnt start this but anytime i see a thread like this, like the hood pins thread, you seem to be the first bashing. its not that big ofa deal. call me a kr shelby gt500 supersnake poser. there i did it for you. it doesnt make me, pascal, mystang04, cheftj, mygt500, pertano, larmo, and many other guys bad people, its just how we chose to "PERSONALIZE" our cars.
Well, I was done till some long winded post said me and others I believe were being disrespectfull. If I remember right, I wasn't the first or the only one that thought the hood pins were mislocated. Too close to the crease. Wasn't mean then either. Just my opinion which is what the OP asked for on that thread. He even said he was second guessing the location. Help me understand. Are we just supposed to lamely nod our heads in aggreeance to questions asked? If so, what's the point of the forum?
no giddyup....but when you label a person...that is not what they are asking you...very very few people ever come on here and ask...hey do I look fat....am i a poser etc....no they ask...this is what I did to my car...what do you think of it....your opinion should steer AWAY from labeling or naming someone as an INDIVIDUAL....hate there car...dont like what they did....dont automatically call them a name which is in essence what you do when you call someone a "POSER" for what they do with their vehicle...that is no more a warranted opinion than is calling someone a slur due to there appearance, beliefs etc....thats where opinion ends...and childishness and hatred begin...

Could be wrong, frequently am, but I don't believe I labeled anyone. I labeled their car as a poser or whatever. It's the CAR that is posing like a Shelby or a whatever, not the person. The person doesn't stick badges on themselves.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

I think you need to agree to disagree Giddy.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: schapman
so its ok to upbadge if you have a blower on your v8 to back it up?
If you can run what a stock GT500 runs I don't see the harm in it. Then it's not false advertising anymore, not by numbers anyway. Now if you get a question if it's a real one or a tribute... You need to do the honorable thing.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

I think you need to agree to disagree Giddy.

Ain't that the truth.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Going fast does not qualify you to up-badge. That is just plain goofy.
Just because my car is faster than a stock GT500 does not mean I am justified in putting emblems from another Mustang edition on my car.
Would it be cool to put 429 SCJ emblems on my 289 Mustang?NO it would not.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

Well I think utilizing body parts from special editions is completely cool. Spoilers,hoodsand front facias being used on a GT or V-6 does not a poser make.
However when you start slapping on emblems form a GT500 then you are a poser - plain and simple. Upbadging is posing.
Would it be cool to slap on a Z06 badge a regular c-6 Corvette? No it would be posing. It is not a tribute, it is not a clone it is posing.
You can upbadge your car if you like, yes, but don't cry when people laugh at you....
I completely agree with you. Well said!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
jvausa

ORIGINAL: noober

It's my car and I do as I like (as an example) but I make it known that the car is a mere V6. Not that I'm entirely PROUD of that fact, but whatever. At 19 living on your own, what else can you afford...
There is no reason to not be proud of a V6. I had one before and I'm sure that many others on this forum did/do too. Do what you want with it and in the future, step up to a higher pony.

Quick Reply: Another poser thread.