Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So upset

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Default So upset

So after they lady hit my gt, which didnt look too bad, however the trunk lines arent even anymore and now the gas cap light is on. SUX.. Her stupid insurance hasnt come out to look at it yet and this happened MONDAY
Old 02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: So upset

Did you notify YOUR insurance? Give them the info. They speak the same language as her insurance company. Just because she had a card doesn't mean she has insurance. Call yours ASAP.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I called her insurance. I called the main office, they took down the info. HOWEVER they havent sent anyone out to look at my car. I hate fly by night insurance companies
Old 02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

What I'm saying is you shouldn't have to be calling anyone. They may dick you around for several months. They like to earn interest on the money it will take to fix your car.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:13 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Kara

I called her insurance. I called the main office, they took down the info. HOWEVER they havent sent anyone out to look at my car. I hate fly by night insurance companies
Get your insurance involved girl, please.
They will go after those fly by night idiots for you. Don't wait.

The trunk misalignment might have some to do with the fact that your tail light panel is caved a little.
You can't see it, it's behind the bumper... Make sure to point that to the adjuster when he shows up.
Don't be a biach, but stop behing nice on that deal.
And GidyupGo is also right, typical of raggidy ins. companies.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:18 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

Im sorry, those situations are just so frustrating. Luckily I havent been hit (at least being there, I have been hit when in a parking lot). Hope if all works out for you Kara. Keep us posted
Old 02-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

It is very frustrating. I hadnt even gotten the plates for the car when it got hit. Thanks pascal for the advice. Thanks for the advice to everyone. I am ready to get the car fixed. It is embarassing driving it messed up
Old 02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Kara call your insurance company and they will send out an adjuster or have you get estimates at three body shops.
They will cut you a check for the costs of repair minus your deductable. If you let the bodyshop know its an insurance job upfront manywill repair your car and "rebate" the deductable. I cant say how ethical this is just that its common practice.
Make sure you read up on diminished value and have your insurance company file for thattoo. When they receive their check from the other insurance company they should forward your deductable and diminished value checks to you and/or the finance company (in some cases they send the dimished value check to the finance company especially if you owe over book).

This should in no way effect your rating or insurance rates. This will not go down as a chargable accident against you.

The other parties insurance company has an obligation to make you 100% whole. What is 100% whole is a matter of local statutes but to a certain extent its what you agree it is. If they can string you along for a few weeks and then get you to sign off for a lesser amount they will.

This is what your agent gets paid for! Put him to work!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:42 PM
bodyman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

ORIGINAL: Kara

Get your insurance involved girl, please.
They will go after those fly by night idiots for you. Don't wait.

The trunk misalignment might have some to do with the fact that your tail light panel is caved a little.
You can't see it, it's behind the bumper... Make sure to point that to the adjuster when he shows up.
Don't be a biach, but stop behing nice on that deal.
And GidyupGo is also right, typical of raggidy ins. companies.
dont wait call your insurance company,with the trunk misaligned you can get water damage inside the trunk,could also have rear frame damage.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

You may also try the Insurance Commissioner in your area.They inforce the rules.Its a paper chase but they always follow through.