Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I pay FULL MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I pay FULL MSRP?

Haggle all the while, but be prepared to pay MSRP. Feel good if you get it for that. Hell, you might not get it for that. Take a look at what the GT500 went for compared to MSRP.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
FloridaGT/CS

I just talk with my Ford dealer... basically (hereat least), they would like to see 3-5k limited edition mark up, HOWEVER... for previous customers MSRP +1K is typical (this also goes for the Shelby GTs (MSRP +7 to 10K... or +1K if you are repeat customer). I suppose you just really want the car badly AND need to know your dealer/salesman personally.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

That's why you buy a regular GT at invoice and build it to look much better than the bullit ever could. Good luck, but I guarantee you will NOT get this car under MSRP.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Qusus
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FloridaGT/CS

I just talk with my Ford dealer... basically (hereat least), they would like to see 3-5k limited edition mark up, HOWEVER... for previous customers MSRP +1K is typical (this also goes for the Shelby GTs (MSRP +7 to 10K... or +1K if you are repeat customer). I suppose you just really want the car badly AND need to know your dealer/salesman personally.
Seems like it easy to get Shelby GT's for considerably lower than MSRP because there's quite a few leftovers from 07. Unless you're talking about the GT500s? In which case 1K over MSRP would be a steal.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:24 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

The short answer is yes, you should at least try to get it under MSRP - them're the rules! If a dealer thinks they can get you to pay MSRP, then they'll try - who can blame them? Personally, I'm not that impressed with the Bullitt so I would just get a regular GT and build to suit. I'm not bashing Ford for what the Bullitt is - it's a great addition to the Mustang line-up, but for hard core performance enthusiasts, the better bang/buck is in the GT.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:55 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Most dealers are asking over MSRP and getting it!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

The Bullitt is what it is. They're not allthat powerful, I'm sure my GT with it's couple of bolt ons has more power. The Bullitt is a "collectable" model. I'm sure they will always hold they're value a bit better than a regular GT. The Bullitt doesn't even appeal to everybody. Personally, I think the Bullitt is very cool; if it came as a ragtop I'd have one. Oh, a Bullitt shouldn't be modded either, it should be kept as is. Just my $.02 worth. Dealers are marking them up over MSRP.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 AM
MUSTANGLOVER73
3rd Gear Member

bullitt= over priced gt. buy the gt and spend the difference betwween the price of the gt and the bullitt in go fast parts.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 AM
S19706
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUSTANGLOVER73

bullitt= over priced gt. buy the gt and spend the difference betwween the price of the gt and the bullitt in go fast parts.
My exact thoughts.................[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 02-09-2008, 10:02 AM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Mark-ups on any of these cars is inevitable today. Most dealers are getting in on the action on Limited Edition models just like they did when the first 05 GTs came out. In 2001I bought a Highland Green Bullitt off a dealers showroom floor. They had a $3000 mark-up on it and I told the salesman I'd give them MSRP for it but no mark-up. He went and talked to his manager and came back and told me it was mine. I would never pay any kind of mark-up but I would pay MSRP if I wanted it bad enough. When I bought my 05 GTa dealer inmy state got$7000 over MSRP for theirs on Ebay.I bought mine in Nov. 04 for MSRP. Itjust depends on what you want to spend and how far your willing to go to get it.

Quick Reply: Should I pay FULL MSRP?