Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For You Vortech Guys

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

Default For You Vortech Guys

Why did you choose the Vortech centrifugal blower over a positive displacement like Whipple? I talked to a Mustang tuner shop last week who was quoting me on a super charger with installation. I originally wanted the Vortech because it was a little less expensive and I could keep my strut tower brace. But he said that I would be disappointed with a centrifugal blower. What do you Vortech guys think?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:14 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: For You Vortech Guys

They are great. We putthe Vortech H.O.in our black car and the the yellow one is getting the Paxton H.O. kit put in as we speak. Should be ready this Saturday. The reason for the Centri. was we had CAI & tunes before and 4.10 gears. The whipples and the Saleen and KB's all kick in instantaneously and would make for a real paion in the a$$ to drive casually around town, sometimes with the wife and kids and especially in Los Angeles traffic. We can barely keep the tires planted to the ground as it is and once you go to 3k + rpms, $hit gets out of handreally quickly. You wont be disappointed and it looks great under the hood.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

Thanks mellowyellow06,

Were you able to re-use your CAI? I just installed a Steeda CAI with TBS late last year. The tuner guy said basically what you just said. The PD's kick in immediately and the centrifugals don't until at minimum boost. He said that the PD would kick it off the line while the centriwould have a little lag. When do you "feel" the centri kick in?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Right at 3K but with the 4.10's you can get to 3k in a snap of a finger. The car spins in 1st, goes sideways in 2nd, and hauls a$$ in 3rd, and its all smiles thereafter. But regular driving car just feels like its working alot less and seems to have better gas mileage. You get the best of both worlds and when you are hotdogging, your rpms are up anyway, I dont think youll be changing gears at 3500 rpm. You wont be disappointed with either and anything over 400 rwhp should bring smiles all day long. You just need to weigh out how you drive your car and see which one suits your needs better and weigh out the costs as well. Good luck either way.