Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high flow cats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:41 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default high flow cats?

ok.. i know what they are, and what they do, and the basics..

but i was wondering if i could get a little more info on them... like..........

-do they make them in different lengths/thickness? and does that affect the sound they produce?

-how much louder would they make your stock exhuast system sound? (tryin to stay with stock sound when i close cutouts wiht cats behind them)

-what kind of prices can i get them for?

-what brand should i get

-and lastly, are all normal cats going to sound the same?.. like say i pull one or buy an after market cat (not high flow, just normal).. would it sound the same?

thanks for the help guys

and if your wondering why im doing this..
I have cutouts, but they are after the stock cats bc there is no room before them.. so if i relocate the cats to where the cutouts are at right now (which is the part of the mid pipe where it bends intowards the center of the car and then meets to the H pipe) and then move the cutouts to where the cats are at right now.. (basicall swap possitions, put the cutouts where the cats are, and put the cats where the cut outs are..)

this way, when i close my cutouts, i can roll up into my parents drive way, wtih him standing out side, and them never knowing that i changed the exhaust! gotta love it..

Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
doctorj77
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: high flow cats?

They do come in different lengths, thickness, shapes and sounds. If your planning on putting them towards the rear, between the hangers and the H, you'll have to buy aftermarket ones. The OEM ones were designed to fit up towards the engine, therefore are bigger/rounder.

If you put a set of highflow magnaflows at the rear of the pipe, it will tone it down a lot, but not as much as say the oem ones would.
Ninosport has a good selection to choose from. http://www.ninosport.com/Mustang/Catalytic-Converters