Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Bumper Question..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default Roush Bumper Question..

Hey guys, just got finished having my Roush Bumper, installed...looks awesome...they actually had some spare harnesses factory like that they used to hook into my fog lights...no splicing what so ever. I have it set up that my Fog Lights and Roush Lights come on with the factory switch...6 lights on at once...not sure if thats illegal or not yet. Anyway, one question thats puzzling me is that I have the close out panel installed already, but the body shop guy is saying that he had to order another plastic piece that keeps debri from going up under the car...I thought that would have been the closet out panel...he also said he ordered it from Ford. My question is doesn't everything that comes from the Roush Front Fascia kit come with all thats needed? Anything additional would have already been on the car stock right? Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Bumper Question..

Also, I have to run a front license plate...anyone have any ideas how to run one without drilling into my bumper? I thought I saw a guy here that made/invented a bracket type deal?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:04 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

go to mossmustang.comand the have a flip up plate holder its pretty cool
Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

there is another type of bracket but i forgot were it was from but if you do a search you should be able to find it there was a topic about this before good luck
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Hey guys, just got finished having my Roush Bumper, installed...looks awesome...they actually had some spare harnesses factory like that they used to hook into my fog lights...no splicing what so ever. I have it set up that my Fog Lights and Roush Lights come on with the factory switch...6 lights on at once...not sure if thats illegal or not yet. Anyway, one question thats puzzling me is that I have the close out panel installed already, but the body shop guy is saying that he had to order another plastic piece that keeps debri from going up under the car...I thought that would have been the closet out panel...he also said he ordered it from Ford. My question is doesn't everything that comes from the Roush Front Fascia kit come with all thats needed? Anything additional would have already been on the car stock right? Thanks
Everything is included with the Roush, including that panel you are speaking of. The only reasons I can think of that they would have to order another one is if they installed it incorrectly and it might have came off and flew under the car and was damaged during a test drive/joy ride or they coukd have messed up the attaching points when they were installing it. I guess it could have been damaged in the box but it is basically flat so I doubt it. The part is $45 from Ford and the one Roush supplies attaches to the Ford one. They are either ordering the one from ford or the one from Roush but they attach to each other. Easy to tell because if you stand in the front of your car and try to look at the ground through the front of the Roush from a standing view you can't see the ground but see black from the panels.

Not a big deal to correct.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:07 PM
rap87
1st Gear Member

Well, I gave them a perfectly good Roush One, I guess he was trying to say this one was longer, do those 2 hook up together to cover more space? Theres defiantly a shroud on, I just can't tell if its the original one I gave them or not...Thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:49 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

rap87
Well, I gave them a perfectly good Roush One, I guess he was trying to say this one was longer, do those 2 hook up together to cover more space? Theres defiantly a shroud on, I just can't tell if its the original one I gave them or not...Thanks.
Well, you said he got it from Ford so it would be the same as the one that was already on your stock car but yes the two hook together to extend the coverage area. If you still have the instructions you will see it says the following............

Info straight from Roush--
Install RPP close out panel to the bottom of fascia. Note: the closure panel is used to fill gap betwen the newly instaled RPP fascia and vehicle's OE close out panel.
If they are charging you for it then I would question it. There is no reason to use something different other than what you have on the car together with what Roush supplied. No reason at all except for my orriginal ideas in the first post. Now if its free then I guess its ok but there still is no reason to fix what is not broken.

Good luck.

One other thing...4 sure not legal to have all 6 lights on at the same time. I know it looks cool (look at my sig) but that would not fly here in MD. Maybe you can sneak it by in your State.