Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Mustangs still leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Beavis

Default RE: 2008 Mustangs still leaking?

ORIGINAL: JRT1

Dude ifI were you I would say NO to fixing it and demand your money back or another brand new car.
This is BS and Ford should have long fixed this issue.
A car that is 2 days old and 30 miles on and you have to deal with that crap is fin bull****!!

I am lucky that my 07 has never shown this problem, knock on wood, I feel bad for you and I hope every thing ends up OK.
Good Luck.
I wish it was that easy....... once you sign the paperwork your kinda screwed. The sales manager calmed me down last week and asked me to give them a chance to fix it. I guess we will see how they did.I want to start buying mods for it, but not until I know its fixed. My cover comes tommorrow, but I dont want to use it until I am sure the leak is gone. If they can't figure it out, I want to get thecar in the shop 3 times quickly so I can get the lemon law crapstarted ASAP.
Thanks for the good luck wishes.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

I can understand that but tell him about the TSB and the multiple problems others have had maybe threaten to sue or tell him you will call "6 on your side" and have the news report it LOL.
It is just plain BS and it makes me mad as hell every timeI seem someone with this issue.
It has been known for years and is still not fixed..WTF!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

BTW some states allow a change of mind period.
It just so happends that Virginia does not, but some states do, look into it.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

My car had this problem the dealer fixed it the first time. They rented me a car at their cost. Kinda of sucks now though , they are closing the dealership.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

beavis I have an 08 convertible and it also leaked in under the passenger side carpet, and got mildewed very very badly. it was a BRAND NEW CAR that I ordered. (It replaced the car that my dealer's tech took for a test to check out a new supercharger pulley and totalled the car) I told the dealer about the improper seal thread that I found on this great forum, (of course ford had no knowledge of this) and the dealer gave it to his first rate body shop. They removed the front fender replaced the faulty seal and put the car back together. I demanded and got new carpet because the mildew was so bad. At that time I bought dynomat underlayment which is great for sound and temperature insulation and is impervious to mildew. The dealer installed it for free.
So get a new car from the dealer at best. Next up, tell the dealer it has to go to the best body shop in the area and do the job right. If you get even a whiff of mildew, get a new carpet because it will never go away. Good luck.
Now I just bought a new Explorer and can you believe it the car leaks under the passenger carpet, this time we think it is from the grommets from the floor so I had them silicone them to seal them. I have had 10 Ford cars and trucks in my life and I am just about to throw in the towel.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:45 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

that sucks man sorry to hear i havent had a problem yet knock on wood but good luck with everything
Old 03-19-2008, 07:17 AM
08mustanggt
1st Gear Member

man my gt has only been in the rain a couple of times and is always garage kept,after reading all the negative crap on here about these cars i'm thinking about trading it in this fall on that new corvette i've always wanted,was thinking about a 1200 mile road trip in april but maybe i'll drive the sport-trac instead.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08mustanggt

man my gt has only been in the rain a couple of times and is always garage kept,after reading all the negative crap on here about these cars i'm thinking about trading it in this fall on that new corvette i've always wanted,was thinking about a 1200 mile road trip in april but maybe i'll drive the sport-trac instead.

GO FOR IT. SEE YA.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:16 PM
08mustanggt
1st Gear Member

what a butthole
Old 03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 08mustanggt

what a butthole

You bettcha! You come on here saying your garage queen doesn't leak, but after "all" the negatve things you here, you are going to jump ship and get a Vette. I say go for it. You're not loyal to the breed. No sympathy from me. BTW, the sky is falling. Better get inside.

Quick Reply: 2008 Mustangs still leaking?