Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customs Broker.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Customs Broker.

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

+1
But this s/c ships from whipple so he needs a broker. I've lived overseas and when a product ships from a business sometimes tariffs are involved so a broker is needed.

ORIGINAL: ajaibr

Honestly the best way you can deal with it is to have him send it and let it get caught in customs (if it does)... If it's being sent person to person it probably won't even be looked at... I've made international ebay sales and never had a problem... Worst case if you ask me is that you'll get a phone call saying it was held up and you need to pay some amount... If it's sent by UPS or FEDEX from a residential to a residential, I seriously doubt it will even be questioned... I've sent things to friends in Canada a bunch of times without a question... You're looking too far into something...
If it's shipping from a broker you might even be better off just having it shipped.. Get a notice from UPS or whoever and let them tell you that you owe $xx.xx in taxes... It'll usually be less than what the broker will cost you.... I just shipped a bunch of stuff to India and it went through without a glitch... I just a week ago got a Fedex from Canada with bottles of soy oil and all they had was paperwork sying they wern't toxic....
Old 03-14-2008, 09:27 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

now you are confusing me even more...why cant this be easy?
I e-mailed a broker, but they most likely wont respond until Monday...
Anyone else buy a Supercharger off Steve Tousely?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

It just sounds like it's being made out to you to be more complicated than it is... Tell him to ship it to you... I don't see where you need to get anyone involved... I ship things back and forth all the time... It's not complicated enough to involve a 3rd party... Guess I've just never seen an issue with it... I spent a bunch of time in Taiwan last year and I had things shipped to me there... DHL brought me a form when they delivered to me and collected the tax... I shipped things back from Taiwan to the US and they got them here...