Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear Bra Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:23 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Clear Bra Removal

ORIGINAL: BeeStang

Has anyone ever installed and then remove the clear bra from their ride? I just purchased a red vert and it has the clear plastic bra installed and it is starting to show a little cloudy and I want to remove it without damaging the paint. I'm assuming it is just some clear plasitic coating with an adhesive backing. Can I just peel it off and use some
GooGone to remove any sticky residue or is there another method?
Heat gun or hair dryer will do the trick. I would stay away from excessive use of commercial adhesive removers, heat will work fine. I have the 3M clear bra installed on 3 of my own vehicles and a total of 6 in my family. I am the biggest fan the material ever had. I've posted several times concerning this stuff, anyone who would like to PM me, I would be happy to discuss.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

... and people still won't use a normal front end cover (bra)!

Guess the expense of buying the Clear bra wasn't enough and now they gotta deal with the hassle of taking it off when it goes bad?

I've had the 3M material installed on my truck for 5 years, that's 5 New England winters and summers. I'm happy to report that there is no discoloration of the material at all, and my front painted facia, is blemish free, it's no joke, I have pics.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:10 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Thanks to all who have provided comments. I bought the car with it installed. I want to clarify that the bra is not really cloudy but scratched like a swirl/haze (big contrast to the paint). I'm sure it was a cheap knock off and it does contrast with the rest of the hood etc. My car is basically a fair weather/weekendcar and not a DD. I can really notice the difference in the bra and the paint. The car does not have the same haze as the bra, hence the reason for wanting to remove it. I will do the heat of the day and a heat gun to remove what I can. And yes, I know about the quick pull action upon removal in order to minimize the glue/adhesive residue left behind upon removal. Once removed, I will use a good soak of Goo Gone (where needed) to get the sticky crap off!

Thanks again for the informative input!!