Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
jay1974

Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

I just read another forum that said the fix to the problem is not having the windows recalibrated but to have the global window function disabled. Which could be true also, but when ford recalibrated my windows it worked, at least for a couple of years. Honesty i don't even know if i have the global windows function, this is the first i have even heard about it, so i will have to check it out and see if i do and if it is even activated
Old 03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

I put it all back together and still the same thing, so I took it home to my parents to park it in the garage. I decided to reinstall the tune, but the car wouldn't let me. The prgrammer wouldn't read the ecm. Finally I got it to work, but the windows still go down. I just disconnected the battery again, put the charger on it and will look at it tomorrow. Will be giving ford a call tomorrow. Will warranty fix this with my tune if it comes to that? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

Also, when I shut my car off, it sounds like a rush of air comes out from the engine bay, not sure from where.I never noticed this before either, not sure if it could be related or not.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 PM
jay1974

Why did you try to reinstall your tune? When i took mine in a couple of years ago it was covered by the warranty, alls they did was recalibrate the windows. But after doing some research allot of guys are saying it is the global windows function which ford discountined becasue of so many problems, so if your car as this function and its activated you will need to have ford disable it, you can not do it with a tuner. Like i said i don't even know if i have this function, but i am going to check here in a min. But when they recalibrated my windows it fixed the problem.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:52 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

So it sounds like I will have to take it into the dealer to fix this. That sucks, I don't get along with the dealership near me. hopefully the car will fix itself tonight, lol.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:53 PM
jay1974

Okay just went out and checked my car to see if i have the global windows function, meaning i can roll my windows down with the remote by holding the unlock button or roll them up holding down the lock button, or putting the key in the door and rolling down the windows by unlocking the door and holding it or rolling them up by locking it and holding it.

I put the key in the door and held it in the unlock position, the windows rolled down and held it for about 5 seconds then held it in the lock position until the windows rolled up and held it for about 5 seconds. then started the car rolled the windows down then back up. shut the car off, pulled the key out and opened to door, my windows stayed up, so by doing the things i did it fixed the problem of having my windows roll down automatically when i pull the key out of the ignition.

If you don't want this problem to happen again i suggest you take it to the dealer and have them disable the global windows function.

Let me know if this fixes your problem
Old 03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

how did you get your windows to stay up in the first place to try this? My windows roll down as soon as you open the door, there is no way to get the windows to roll up to try this, or can you try it from the windows being down?
Old 03-19-2008, 11:10 PM
jay1974

My bad should have told you how i did it. Put the key in the ignition and roll the windows up, pop the hood and pull out the fuses for both window motors, numbers 5 and 6. pull the key out of the ignition and shut the door and replace the fuses, then try what i told you earlier about rolling the windows up and down using the key in the door lock.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:11 PM
jay1974

you can try it from the windows in the down position, the windows should roll up using the key in the door lock if not do what i said with the fuses
Old 03-19-2008, 11:14 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

when you put the key in the door to try this, did you have the key in the unlock position in the lock, or just in the key slot normally?

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP!!!!