Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-23-2015, 03:12 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Wheel Spacers---installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wheel Spacers---installed

Cool, the washer is something that would have helped today. One stud was a little stubborn to get seated, and the stud nut dug into the hub a little. I didn't even think about a washer.

BTW, I really liked the vid you made a few weeks ago when you were driving around behind that building. Very fun to watch and the car sounded great. Makes me want to black out my stang.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Cool, the washer is something that would have helped today. One stud was a little stubborn to get seated, and the stud nut dug into the hub a little. I didn't even think about a washer.

BTW, I really liked the vid you made a few weeks ago when you were driving around behind that building. Very fun to watch and the car sounded great. Makes me want to black out my stang.
lol,it was alot of fun making that video.....now that same parking lot is all blocked off with big concrete barriers,lol,guess they didnt like my decorating the pavement with all the rubber.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

Take some 3/4 pictures of your car, don't be artistic. It's difficult to tell just by side photos as there is no third dimension to them, it's a profile.
I'll get some better pics when it's all done and my car is cleaner. I was just trying to get some pics from the front and rear so you can see the decrease in fender overhang.
i see what you're implying. there's a joke that goes around that says that people who take artsy photos of their car are trying to hide it because it's ugly. In your case, you say you're not doing that, you're just waiting for it to be pretty.

Interesting fact, my car is black with borlas too by chance.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 PM
MD07gtcs
1st Gear Member

When I have replaced studs in the past i just hammered out the old one slid in the new one and they seat when tightening down the tire.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:37 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Take some 3/4 pictures of your car, don't be artistic. It's difficult to tell just by side photos as there is no third dimension to them, it's a profile.
I'll get some better pics when it's all done and my car is cleaner. I was just trying to get some pics from the front and rear so you can see the decrease in fender overhang.
i see what you're implying. there's a joke that goes around that says that people who take artsy photos of their car are trying to hide it because it's ugly. In your case, you say you're not doing that, you're just waiting for it to be pretty.

Interesting fact, my car is black with borlas too by chance.
Well, actually, I was neither trying to be artsy nor hide my car's unwashed exterior. I guess by "artsy" you mean like taking an extreme close-up picture. I was really just trying to show how much the tire had moved outward.

Having said that,.....I'll be sure to include an artsy photo when it's clean to make everyone appreciate the "essence of the car" . Hahaha! j/k
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Front spacers are in now!

Big THANKS to "one eyed *****" for his tips. I didn't have to remove the brakes at all. It saved me a lot of time! Very simple to do!

I'll get more pics up this week. The wider stance looks fantastic. I was getting in my car to go out tonight and my front tire caught my eye just as I was opening the door. I thought "Wow! That looks great!" I walked around to the other side to see if it was a fluke, but it wasn't. As soon as you are around the car it catches your eye. The car definitely looks lower, wider, and more aggressive now.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Here are some pics of my car with all the wheel spacers on. Enjoy!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:43 PM
ApexStang
2nd Gear Member

So here's my question. Do wheelspacers provide more room for upgraded calipers. With my AR Torq Thrust M's (18's), I have ZERO room for new calipers. You might be able to slide a piece of paper between the caliper and the spokes of my rims and that is it.

Since the spacers push the wheel out a bit, I'm wondering if that creates more space between the spoke and caliper?????
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Yep! They allow you to use bigger brakes.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM
nofear
1st Gear Member

i like em ...... wish they came stock a little wider to begin with

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers---installed