Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saw my first bullet today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: saw my first bullet today!

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

i was thinking about getting one. I test drove it, wasnt really impressed. I didnt like the shifter at all. For some reason i like my GT better.

Lots of dealers have them around my area, and they arent marked up. Just regular MSRP. Northeast Jersey.

To be honest with you, if they had the GT grille i def. would have got one!!!!
n.e. Jersey here, too!

I haven't seen any around here yet. None at Fette, Elite, Stadium, etc that I know of.

1 in Downs, but thats south (Toms River)

Hey if someone likes the Bullitt, go for it! As well as the Shelby GT. If I had the cash, I'd get one of those! Yeah, it might not be as fast as a modded premium/deluxe GT, but not all people drag race, and those cars are a nice cruising car, with some extra ummph to them, all the while they are not the everyday Mustang that you see lots off, kinda cool to me!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I've seen one, but sadly it was a black one. Who are you kidding... If you want something black get a charger... The Bullitt was Dark Highland Green baby! And that's what I would have gotten.

I am still curious to the sound of the exhaust in real life. I might want to swap to the Bullitt exhaust if it really sounds a lot nicer.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Kryten

Exactly what I was just thinking. Kinda pricey as an add-on though. To those who have heard it agaist the stock GT
exhaust or GTA's,how does the Bullit exhaust compare?

ORIGINAL: Justice

I am still curious to the sound of the exhaust in real life. I might want to swap to the Bullitt exhaust if it really sounds a lot nicer.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimsGT

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

i was thinking about getting one. I test drove it, wasnt really impressed. I didnt like the shifter at all. For some reason i like my GT better.

Lots of dealers have them around my area, and they arent marked up. Just regular MSRP. Northeast Jersey.

To be honest with you, if they had the GT grille i def. would have got one!!!!
n.e. Jersey here, too!

I haven't seen any around here yet. None at Fette, Elite, Stadium, etc that I know of.

1 in Downs, but thats south (Toms River)

Hey if someone likes the Bullitt, go for it! As well as the Shelby GT. If I had the cash, I'd get one of those! Yeah, it might not be as fast as a modded premium/deluxe GT, but not all people drag race, and those cars are a nice cruising car, with some extra ummph to them, all the while they are not the everyday Mustang that you see lots off, kinda cool to me!
All American in Hackensack had 4 Bullitts, all of them all for MSRP when i ordered my carThey also had a Foose, a few Shelbys, and Saleens. Wahwah Ford had two, MSRP, and some little dealer in Chestnut Ridge, NY had one along with a Roush Track-Pak, and a bunch of stage 1,2, and 3s.

I guess they are rare in some areas and common in others. If i see a 03 04 cobra its a big deal!! pretty rare around here. Machs and the new Bullitts, not so much.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I've seen both the green and black Bullitts and test drove one. Definitely better looking in person than on pictures. And style outside is obviously not key in production. But style inside is KEY on this car...the interior is VERY nice compared to a Premium GT/V6. Performance wise, not any better than a GT in my opinion. The shifter is a lot better, but that's about it. As far as telling the difference between a V6 or a Bullitt like the different grille...I'm sure a lot of V6 owners, even GT owners will have it since it's available from Ford now
Old 04-01-2008, 05:23 AM
rickles512

Was getting FRPP stingers and X-pipe installed at a dealer on my 2007 GT/CS when I saw a black one on the lot here in Chicago...and I drove it......Its got some *****. It has a CAI that looks different/beefier than the Shelby GT...anyone know if that can be purchased from FRPP yet?...

IMO, exterior wise, its too similar in appearance to the V6, which Im not fond of.
Maybe they should have put some side window louvers on it like the 67....

Exhaust sounded too docile IMO...My car w/stingers and x is much more throatier...more reminiscent of the GT390 in the movie.

Im glad I bought the FRPP stingers and x..

Old 04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

UPDATE!!! SAW A BLACK ONE IN FT. LAUDERDALE THIS LAST WEEKEND!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:42 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

The Bullitt doesn't sound too different than the Shelby GT. I listened to them both run at separate times and at once next to each other. The Bullitt is a bit lower tone I think. But the exhaust tips look pretty sweet! The setup is expensive though! Like $900+ [:-]

ORIGINAL: Justice

I've seen one, but sadly it was a black one. Who are you kidding... If you want something black get a charger... The Bullitt was Dark Highland Green baby! And that's what I would have gotten.