Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chirping in 2nd gear...how??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 06:18 PM
black S197
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Chirping in 2nd gear...how??

ORIGINAL: Baddog

ORIGINAL: 00silverStang

These cars are so detuned from the factory its crazy. Its amazing what a cai and tune can do. I spin and fishtail into second even with 285 nitto nt55's with18x10 rimsout back.
I smell something...something brown[sm=icon_quiet.gif]... Unless it was raining. A CAI tune and otherwise stock S197 GT does not have the gumption to pitch itself into the fence on tires of that width and stick. Unless you pause (grannyshift)and pedal it up for as long as it takes for the car to slow down and then dump it like a chick with a whoreblister. I can't see it happenning any other way. Those are big sticky tires and tune or no tune, 2nd ain't gonna be maddness like that...and if when you say "spin and fishtail" you mean sidestep 6 inches as it "paws" for ground, that's a different scenario. That makes sense.
You are incorrect sir. Big time.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

My car doesn't do it with the new suspension.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:20 PM
45dag

to use words to describe how is hard ...need hands .....i could tell you how to do a wheely too but to type it very hard .....cherping when shifting is because your loading up drive line w/ power befor the clutch is competely out ...but not to the poit your burning it up..ex...is like this if you were to down shift at very high speed you would match up any given rpm of engine to mph if done right the engine gos up nor down. if that makes since to you ...well when up shifting fast the clutch is like my past away dad would say power shift or speed shift...that means the two not just going in and out but even at slow speed or rpm the clutch an gas go in and out in a motion of waah waah another ex. your in sfo san fran step hill your working the two together right ..so the car does not move and loading up drive line ....well stat at say a given rpm like 3500 or so , to get the hang of it and minimize ambuse to machine...and at that point you keeep the rpm up slip cluth in fast and shift fast and befor the clutch is ingauged your already putting so power together ..throttle threw the motion in a fast and smooth motion ...and as you get better you'll be cherping 3rd ....hey i dont know if that makes sence to ya but it was fun thinking back about my old past away motor head dad
Old 03-31-2008, 08:33 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

my auto 98 f-150 would chirp 2nd and it had minor engine mods so i dont see this as anything 2 brag about
Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

How about a Corsica doing a WHEELIE.....(Foul language warning)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lbCTw_J-mzY
Old 04-01-2008, 12:26 AM
bplemmons
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

How about a Corsica doing a WHEELIE.....(Foul language warning)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lbCTw_J-mzY
that was wild! My dayley driver is a Corsica, Mine sure wont do that!!!!!!

BP
Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Hal1

I had a much younger friend--he was 20 something and I was 40 something at the time he bought his last GT Mustang. I guess I was responsible for at least part of his mis-spent youth as I taught him some "must know" things....like handbrake turns, how to cut donuts, etc. He always marveled at the fact that I could turn the tires in second on HIS car and he couldn't. Reflexes, reflexes......lol Last time we squared off, I had a 92 5 speed LX convertible with the optional 3.08 rear gear and he had a sn95 GT 5 speed. He had considerably more brakes than I did getting into the corners, but I smoked his butt coming out of them......Woo Hoo, the good ol' days! Thanks for reminding me how much fun "chirping" is....
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: sailing220

My stock automatic could spin 1st and chirp second. With my current mods I can spin 1st and 2nd, and a little of third. [8D]

Autos aren't as crappy as they're made out to be.

I love pulling up at a stoplight and having some jackass in a rice-mobile ask me "You drivin' an auto, p*ssy?" The look on his face at the next light after I completly destroy his Civic/GTI/Eclipse is worth all the crap auto drivers take.
Sorry to jack the OP but as a new owner of an 08GT Auto (just sold the 00 V6 5-spd []) How are you drivin' the auto to get teh chirps? Are you manually shifting it or just putting it in D with O/D off and turning Trac Control Off and flooring it?I'm still getting used to Auto (compromise with the wife in getting a GT) and I'm still not sold on it. One guy I PM'd on here said he manually shifts the Auto when needed. Having worked around cars for a few years I'm concerned doing that would burn out the tranny clutches or break a band that way.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 45dag

to use words to describe how is hard ...need hands .....i could tell you how to do a wheely too but to type it very hard .....cherping when shifting is because your loading up drive line w/ power befor the clutch is competely out ...but not to the poit your burning it up..ex...is like this if you were to down shift at very high speed you would match up any given rpm of engine to mph if done right the engine gos up nor down. if that makes since to you ...well when up shifting fast the clutch is like my past away dad would say power shift or speed shift...that means the two not just going in and out but even at slow speed or rpm the clutch an gas go in and out in a motion of waah waah another ex. your in sfo san fran step hill your working the two together right ..so the car does not move and loading up drive line ....well stat at say a given rpm like 3500 or so , to get the hang of it and minimize ambuse to machine...and at that point you keeep the rpm up slip cluth in fast and shift fast and befor the clutch is ingauged your already putting so power together ..throttle threw the motion in a fast and smooth motion ...and as you get better you'll be cherping 3rd ....hey i dont know if that makes sence to ya but it was fun thinking back about my old past away motor head dad
Was that english? I'm no stickler for grammar on the net but I couldn't even understand that. At all.
Not really looking to take advice from someone who can't spell "Chirp" either.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Hal1

Was that English??? Maybe it was "speed typing" I don't know! LOL!

As an added note to my previous post....my teenage son trashed the rear end of his Fiat. They're not known for exceptionally strong rear gears to begin with, but he came home with it locking up on him one day and after taking the cover off, I can't imagine how he actually got home with it....there was nothing left but metal frag.....wonder where he got that from ??????? I suspect there was a scientific experiment going on between him and one of his buddies with an RX-7 of about the same vintage.....accelration experiments....

Quick Reply: Chirping in 2nd gear...how??