Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good price for the GT..

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:35 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is this a good price for the GT..

Yeah, that doesn't seem too bad.

Right now, Ford has like $2500 in rebates, though. $3000 if you're in college, which if you have a 17 year old little sister, I'm betting you're in?

So go to a dealer, start at invoice, then take $3000 off of that. That'll put you at around $5500 under MSRP. Then, if you have the time, negotiate with different dealers to get into their holdback, holdback being 4.5% of MSRP on the car. Dig into it a couple hundred: you can probably get around $500 if you're really persistent. Then you're at $6000 under MSRP.

Depending on the options you want, a coupe should sticker for around $27k. Go to invoice at around $24.5k. Subtract $3k in rebates, you're at $21.5k. Dig into holdback, you're at around $21k.

So now the different between a new car with 0 miles on it and this used car with 15k miles on it is around $4k. So then you have to ask yourself if a brand new car with 15k less miles on it, built to your specifications, is worth $4k to you or not. For some people, it might not be; for others, the knowledge that you got your "perfect" car and nobody else has been with her may be worth it.

Good luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

That's a prettydamm good deal.

I have stock OEM stock 18" bullits for sale if your interested.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

In my almost 40 years, there are three things that I purchase very wisely. 1) house- I have only owned one, for which I paid the same price the first owner paid 7 years before. 2) car- I will only buy a new car if I get a ford employee plan (I purchased my loaded 07 GT Vert for $29,100) and my 2002 Deville which I paid about $2000 less then NADA trade-in-value, from someonewho is my mother's friend. 3) wife- I finally met a woman who I will finally keep (after dating many different women for about 20 years.) It is a buyers market for all three of the above, so chose wisely.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

Not a bad deal~
Old 04-01-2008, 12:16 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Looks like a good car to me! BUT...my friend just letsold his2005 Satin Silver GT Premium with ALL the upgrades, AUTO, tinted windows, lowered, upgraded 18" wheels and tires, with 22K miles in Pleasanton (same area as Concord almost). He was the original owner and the car was in excellent condition. He sold it for about $17K. I think you could work with this dealer in talking that price down though...see what you can get!
Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TAMPAGT07

In my almost 40 years, there are three things that I purchase very wisely. 1) house- I have only owned one, for which I paid the same price the first owner paid 7 years before. 2) car- I will only buy a new car if I get a ford employee plan (I purchased my loaded 07 GT Vert for $29,100) and my 2002 Deville which I paid about $2000 less then NADA trade-in-value, from someonewho is my mother's friend. 3) wife- I finally met a woman who I will finally keep (after dating many different women for about 20 years.) It is a buyers market for all three of the above, so chose wisely.

HAHAHA, TampaGT, am I the only one that read your entire post? You better watch out because Mustang Sally may send you a beating for being a male chauvinist..

buyers market for all 3...too funny
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

Oh, and Ford just released their sales figures for March 2008. The volume of Mustangs sold was down 31% from a year ago. That is a HUGE drop and thus why rebates and discounts are so aggressive and also why the used Mustang value has plummeted. The facts are what they are and I really do feel for anyone that paid over $25k for a premium within the past 3-6 months.

Worse are the folks that paid $30k a year ago and to see it worth less than $20k today.

If it makes you feel any better, even mighty Honda was down 5%
Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torque_is_good

Worse are the folks that paid $30k a year ago and to see it worth less than $20k today.

I paid $29,900 for my '06 GT 'vert, loaded, brand new, in March of last year.

I had it appraised at the car show it was in over the past weekend. Book was $26k if it were stock. They put me at $42,900. I'm plenty happy.

Not that any of it matters, it's NOT FOR SALE.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
nofear
1st Gear Member

+1 on buying a new one for a couple of grand more
it will be insurance that it wasnt beat on or wrecked.
its a good piece of mind to have
no creaks of dents
theres not much of a diffrence in price new/used for the most part when it has low miles
ford is offering good deals and i got mind for invoice
Old 04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

ORIGINAL: torque_is_good

ORIGINAL: TAMPAGT07

HAHAHA, TampaGT, am I the only one that read your entire post? You better watch out because Mustang Sally may send you a beating for being a male chauvinist..

buyers market for all 3...too funny

Quick Reply: Is this a good price for the GT..