Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably a Stupid Sequential Tail Lights Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:58 PM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Default Probably a Stupid Sequential Tail Lights Question

Ok, so I've been looking at youtube videos of sequentials for a little bit now, but there's one thing I'm slightly confused on.

When both of the tail lights are flashing out...does that only happen when you have your hazards on? Or are they always doing that when you have your lights on?

If they only happen when you have your hazards on, they when it's dark out and you just have your "normal" lights on, they're still solid and normal, yes?

This is probably a very stupid n00b question, so thanks for the responses!

-ensign_lee
Old 04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Probably a Stupid Sequential Tail Lights Question

ORIGINAL: ensign_lee
When both of the tail lights are flashing out...does that only happen when you have your hazards on? Or are they always doing that when you have your lights on?

If they only happen when you have your hazards on, they when it's dark out and you just have your "normal" lights on, they're still solid and normal, yes?
You're correct on both.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

Most all of the Plug-n-Play models have the brake light wire and the trigger wire for the control module tied together. The result is that when you press the brakes then both sides sequence once and then remain on. The control module has to see an OFF then ON condition to trigger. It won't sequence again until the brakes are released and depressed again. In turn signal mode the control module is seeing the on and off of the turn signal voltage either from a flasher (2005-2006) or from the PCM (2007-up). If you go to the WebElectic site, he has instructions on how to wire up the modules such that they only sequence on the turn signal and not the brakes. It requires cutting the trigger wire and then running new trigger wires from the PCM which were tapped into the front turn signal wires. That's the way mine are configured.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys!

Ok, other stupid sequentials question: what is the difference between chase lights and normal sequentials?

I went to youtube to try to see the difference, but um...I can't see a difference?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:31 AM
ensign_lee
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ensign_lee

Thanks guys!

Ok, other stupid sequentials question: what is the difference between chase lights and normal sequentials?

I went to youtube to try to see the difference, but um...I can't see a difference?
never mind. Went to meter4it.com and saw an illustration of hte difference. It's hard to see with just the three bulbs, but I can see it now.