Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights, Fog Lights, Halo’s, & Wiring Harness Questions…

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:34 AM
smithc1080

Default Headlights, Fog Lights, Halo’s, & Wiring Harness Questions…

OK I have purchased a GT front bumper and grill with fog lights to replace my V6 front bumper and grill. I am also upgrading my headlights and fog lights to the halo lights. Here is what I want, I am just not sure how to get it…

I want to have the headlight & fog halo’s wired so they can run independent of the headlights, however, they need to stay on when the headlights and fogs are turned on. I think to do this I need to wire them into the parking lights. Correct?

AND

I want the fog lights wired so that they can run either separate from the headlights or with the headlights and I want them to turn off when I switch to high beams.
Also I am torn between the factory switch and a toggle switch. I want to buy the GT factory headlight switch but I don’t think I can run the fog lights separate from the headlights with that setup. Am I correct in this understanding? I am getting the Street Scene wiring harness and it comes with a toggle switch. I am not sure if this would be a better route. If the factory switch will do what I want it to do I would rather wire the harness straight to that and maintain a more factory look. Someone help me out here. I need some advice.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default RE: Headlights, Fog Lights, Halo’s, & Wiring Harness Questions…

ORIGINAL: smithc1080

OK I have purchased a GT front bumper and grill with fog lights to replace my V6 front bumper and grill. I am also upgrading my headlights and fog lights to the halo lights. Here is what I want, I am just not sure how to get it…

I want to have the headlight & fog halo’s wired so they can run independent of the headlights, however, they need to stay on when the headlights and fogs are turned on. I think to do this I need to wire them into the parking lights. Correct?

AND

I want the fog lights wired so that they can run either separate from the headlights or with the headlights and I want them to turn off when I switch to high beams.
Also I am torn between the factory switch and a toggle switch. I want to buy the GT factory headlight switch but I don’t think I can run the fog lights separate from the headlights with that setup. Am I correct in this understanding? I am getting the Street Scene wiring harness and it comes with a toggle switch. I am not sure if this would be a better route. If the factory switch will do what I want it to do I would rather wire the harness straight to that and maintain a more factory look. Someone help me out here. I need some advice.
if you have the factory switch and harness, it should do just that