Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got ticket last night for loud exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:33 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I got ticket last night for loud exhaust

wow---you guys get extremely upset over $25. Go pay--be done with it.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:17 PM
kingdong6515
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timothyrw

this is terrible advice.

you forgot to mention that civil infractions require a standard of proof termed preponderence of the evidence. that means 51%.

that means the state only needs to proveyou more likely then not violated the law.

no evidence? the officer's testimony is evidence!

and if it comes down to he said vs. he said, guess who isgonna win?

and guess who's gonna end up paying court costs and a possibly increased fine?

all over $25 when he is guilty in the first place?!

i've got illegal tint on my car. it's ILLEGAL! if i get pulled over for it am i gonna bitch and complain? no. it's illegal! it's a chance i take.

when i get a speeding ticket i pay it. i took a chance, i got caught. i'm not going to go on about how the world is out to get me and cops have nothing better to do... it IS what they do!

good grief... get over it!

ORIGINAL: Eric261

Remember in court the officer has to prove your guilt. (hopefully you didnt admit to it being an afermarket exhaust) This is what you should do first of all if you want to beat the ticket it's pretty simple

Never admit the exhuast is not factory dont lie just dont answer the questions ya know 5th amendment and hopefilly you are willing to go to court and fight it out there the judge should dismiss your case. Just remember that in court you cannot testify or else you would have to admit its aftermarket because your under oath.
The officer will testify first and then after hes done you will move or motion to have the case dismissed based upon insufficient evidence, because the officer has no evidence your exhuast is not stock or comparable to stock and he cant prove its louder than STOCK Remember in court The officer has to PROVE your guilty if you admit to your exhuast being aftermarket your done for and will get convicted just never admit to it because its your right not to testify against yourself if you dont want to.
I mean what is he gonna do bring a video of your car and a sound clip of a stock ford mustang!!?!?!?!?!? No. Just remember dont admit that it was an aftermarket exhaust or else that is going to get you convicted with the officers testimony. Otherwise it should get dropped. Hope this helps

lol I love reasoning like eric261's... Thanks to timothyrw for speaking up to give sound advice and a mature opinion! Pay the $25 and be done with it...
Old 04-19-2008, 03:28 PM
kingdong6515
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grimreaper

As a police officer myself, Id fight this 100%. Ive built motors and have loud cars and no cop has the expert knowledge to determine when an exhaust is too loud. If you have mufflers on your car, and you might even have two with dual exhaust then your fine. That statute is made for people who drive open headers. I'd fight it and make the officer explain why its too loud, and tell the court you have legal mufflers on it. No doubt the officer was bored or wanted a DUI, but just giving you a warning would suffice.
lol wonder where you work...? Doesn't sound like the reaction of a genuine law enforcement officer to me...
Old 04-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Yeah pay 25 dollars and next time who knows how much. That officer has got to prove his case.

wow---you guys get extremely upset over $25. Go pay--be done with it.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:23 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

Remember in court the officer has to prove your guilt. (hopefully you didnt admit to it being an afermarket exhaust) This is what you should do first of all if you want to beat the ticket it's pretty simple

Never admit the exhuast is not factory dont lie just dont answer the questions ya know 5th amendment and hopefilly you are willing to go to court and fight it out there the judge should dismiss your case. Just remember that in court you cannot testify or else you would have to admit its aftermarket because your under oath.
The officer will testify first and then after hes done you will move or motion to have the case dismissed based upon insufficient evidence, because the officer has no evidence your exhuast is not stock or comparable to stock and he cant prove its louder than STOCK Remember in court The officer has to PROVE your guilty if you admit to your exhuast being aftermarket your done for and will get convicted just never admit to it because its your right not to testify against yourself if you dont want to.
I mean what is he gonna do bring a video of your car and a sound clip of a stock ford mustang!!?!?!?!?!? No. Just remember dont admit that it was an aftermarket exhaust or else that is going to get you convicted with the officers testimony. Otherwise it should get dropped. Hope this helps

Obviously you've never been in court, lol.I love the looks on faces of smart *** like you when you walk into court & think your gonna tell the judge how its gonna be, hahahaha.

So I assume your an officer of the law? Since you obviously know so much more than I right? and its not that I show up in court and tell the judge how it is its simply me keeping my money in my wallet and no I dont think im a smart *** but I have some basic knowledge of how things work and dont consider myself a lawyer my any means, however with my basic knowledge it seems to work out well for me and I was simply giving my opinion on the topic on how I look at it.( It's an open forum free to give an opinion if you want to as a member )
With as many tickets as I've had in this car so far and my record is...+5 and my money I would have spent on tickets is spent under the hood of my GT and I plan to keep it that way. It seems that me " telling the judge how it its gonna be" seems to work out well for me.....
You sir are full of shyt. Any one here who had been to court knowsif youtell a judge to prove that exhaust is too loud he's gonna laugh @ you & slam you *** as hard as he can.
If your telling us that you just dont pay your fines & you still have licence, agin your ful of it, lol. thats MY opinion, & i bet its pretty damm close to realistic.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
2005 white s197
1st Gear Member

Daniel,
BAD ADVICE................BAD LANGUAGE.............It works like this, you mod your exhuast, its loader than factory, cop pulls you over, you accept fine and wish him a good day ! He won...........you lost !!! Thats the game, thats the game in life and thats the game everywhere............You never win, you always lose and thats OK, because your a worker ant and he's a cop.