Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just put on the GTAs, future exhaust/header disconnect?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:32 PM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

Default Just put on the GTAs, future exhaust/header disconnect?

Well I finally pulled the trigger and bought the GTAs and installed them the other day. I want to keep the car street legal, but mostly, I want to keep it so it's not waking up my neighbors and family. I work weird hours so I'm always coming home when others are sleeping. With that said, I like the GTAs so far, they definetely look better, and I had no problems lining them up, just loosened the midpipe bolts and the axlepipe clamp, positioned it, then had my buddy tighten the 3 bolts. The new exhaust is definetely deeper and a bit "throatier" but not much louder otherwise, I can probably take a vid soon.

As a second note, when I had both mufflers off, I started up the car just to hear what it sounds like with no mufflers and MAN, that's an awesome sound!! I was commenting to my buddy that I wish I could have the sound controlled when I wanted and loud when I wanted and my buddy came up with a possible solution. I don't know the specifics (I'll have to find out), but he has a GMC Sierra pickup with this exahust "cut out" thing that is welded in before the cats which basically "disconnects" the headers from the rest of the exahust with just a flip of a switch. He literally flips a switch inside the cab and the exhaust goes from legal sound/emissions mufflered exhaust to just headers directly out. Anyone ever heard of anything I'm taking about? I'll look into it furthur, but it sounds like a perfect solution for anyone in my position.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just put on the GTAs, future exhaust/header disconnect?

Yes. Exhaust cut-outs.

I think lmperformance has them for like $70
Old 04-23-2008, 03:43 AM
DJStile
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Just put on the GTAs, future exhaust/header disconnect?

I checked LMPerformance and they have the Flowtech 2.50 inch exhaust cut-out (Twin PAK)...these don't say anything about how they are operated except for when the "block plate is removed." What I'm looking for is an exhaust cut-out that is operated remotely, via some kind of electronic switch located in the cabin.

Also, has anyone ever put one of these on their 'stang?