Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steeda Underive Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Underive Pulleys

ORIGINAL: ThumperMX113

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

Yeah I noticed some high end power increase, but it hurts the low end torque a bit. Gears should help fix the low end torque loss.

Install is easy as well.
Sounds like you need to get a tune from Justin at VMP Tuning. I had him dyno tune my car after doing the CMCVs and I didn't lose ANY power ANY where. I did gain more power mid-top. But it was a gain all across the power curve. I didn't lose any gas mileage either. Actually gained .5 mpg. I gained 12 rwhp from both the UDPs and CMCVs.
I have Bama's tune, which is pretty good, it's the best for the Auto IMO.

The loss in the low end torque is very minimal, but that's just the butt dyno. I don't have any numbers, and I don't really calculate my gas mileage.

Today, I uploaded my performance tune and it just JUMPS when you hit the gas, it's so sensitive, so I'm satisfied, and I can definitely feel the power gain from CMDP's. I had them for six months now and no problems.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:25 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you need to get a tune from Justin at VMP Tuning. I had him dyno tune my car after doing the CMCVs and I didn't lose ANY power ANY where. I did gain more power mid-top. But it was a gain all across the power curve. I didn't lose any gas mileage either. Actually gained .5 mpg. I gained 12 rwhp from both the UDPs and CMCVs.
+1. I just had the UDP's, CMCV's, and Headers done last Tuesday. Using Justin's tune. Absolutely no loss of power anywhere.....
Glad to hear the number you saw with the UDP's and CMCV's. The butt dyno says I gained substantial power doing all three, but no dyno yet......

Oh, and as far as the factory crank bolt. I personally replaced it with a fresh one. For 6 bucks, why risk that stomach chruning feeling when you approach torque spec, and it let's go......especially on the crankshaft....

Old 04-25-2008, 07:10 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

+1. I just had the UDP's, CMCV's, and Headers done last Tuesday. Using Justin's tune. Absolutely no loss of power anywhere.....
Glad to hear the number you saw with the UDP's and CMCV's. The butt dyno says I gained substantial power doing all three, but no dyno yet......
I'm glad you got good results. I'm completely happy with my tune too.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: white07

OP: Do a search next time b/c there are all ready like 1000 posts about this and they never change.

Ridemyassoff: Uhh....what does age have to do with anything?

Well, now that is a very open ended question....but, I noticed a lot of young guys driving Stangs? How do you guys afford it? I certainly had no chance of owning a Stang when I was 16, hell I can hardly afford it now
Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 PM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

How old are you? I'm 19. I've had a 1990 BMW 525i, 2004 F150, 2006 F150, and now this 2008 Mustang. I have a full time job and go to school. I also have a 2007 Seadoo RXP. The payments are as much as a cheap car. I'm not bragging, just saying it's possible. So just because someone is young doesn't mean they can't afford things or their parents give them everything.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
PhattyDre16
2nd Gear Member

What the hell does age have anything to do with driving a Stang? Ya i'm 19, but I work fulltime to pay for the car. It's the only thing I really have to pay for because I go to community college. I work my a$$ off to pay for this car, but I think it's worth it.

Anyway,

Are you guys talking about the crankbolt? And I also heard that you don't need to rent any tools.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
ThumperMX113
5th Gear Member

Yes we're talking about the stock crankshaft pully. You need to rent the Chrysler Harmonic Balancer puller. It'll be a BIG help.