Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPINIONS WANTED: my own custom interior plan (front seats)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

Default OPINIONS WANTED: my own custom interior plan (front seats)

all i really want is the bolstering on the bullitt / GT500 seats while keeping my dove / charcoal leather configuration

so, i went to the ford dealer to ask about pricing. turns out that mustang seats ae not all one piesce, so thats good: all i need are the seatback cusions and covers should run me about $1000 for the driver and passenger together

then i would have to take both covers to an upholstery place and have them switch out the middle sections (if that can even be done) for i dunno how much, because bullitt seat covers are all black

anyway, this way i wont have to deal with heated seats and all the hassle of uninstalling / reinstalling them and it should tun out something like this

let me know what you think
Old 05-11-2008, 03:35 PM
JTE_502
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OPINIONS WANTED: my own custom interior plan (front seats)

Just go to an interior shop and tell them what you want to have done. $1k seems like an outrageous price for just seat back covers and cushions. An interior shop should be able to do exactly whatever you want done and for much less money. When I had my truck, I was going to have the front seats completely redone in two-tone suede with new bolstering and it was only going to cost me around $500.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:16 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I think it's an excellent idea and it will look awesome.

You should look at katskin leather seat replacements (not sure if I spelled their name right) I looked into doing it and I think they wanted like $650. You can pick any color and design combination you want right on the site.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Kara
4th Gear Member

I think it will look flipping great!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: JTE_502

Just go to an interior shop and tell them what you want to have done. $1k seems like an outrageous price for just seat back covers and cushions. An interior shop should be able to do exactly whatever you want done and for much less money. When I had my truck, I was going to have the front seats completely redone in two-tone suede with new bolstering and it was only going to cost me around $500.
yeah, the problem on the price is parts. if anyone knows of a place i can get the ford parts for cheaper, that'd be awesome
Old 05-11-2008, 05:59 PM
JTE_502
2nd Gear Member

What parts? You said all you needed were the seat back covers and cushions. You don't need Ford parts to take care of those, and good interior shop should be able to take care of it. I live out in the country but we still have a good interior shop here that can do pretty much anything you want with an interior. They can get any type of seat cover you want along with the padding, then stitch it up in any pattern however you want it. Just go ask an interior shop to make it look like you are wanting to, and I bet they can help you out and do it way cheaper than you are planning right now.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:00 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

IMO, I would go for racing seats...

Since the leather will eventually crack...