Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership can't fix my defroster?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

Default Dealership can't fix my defroster?!?

i'm sure you guys will enjoy this one - a few months ago the connector that controls my rear defroster (it's that little black plastic looking thing stuck to the back windshield) broke off somehow; i have no clue how it happened - i noticed it when i was cleaning my rear louvers. yesterday i finally brought it in to the dealership to have it repaired...

long story short, after two hours, they came out and told me they couldn't fix it. i told them they must be f*cking kidding me. nonetheless, they were not. and to add insult to injury, they burnt a hole with their soldering gun in the rear valence above the seats in the process of failing to fix the defroster. i was really psyched [:@].

so, they gave me a loaner in the meantime, and the stang had a sleepover much to my great distress. i had nightmares about the parking garagescene from ferris beuller's day off. anyway, apparently they're bringing it to a glass place today and replacing the part they screwed up.

anyone else ever have trouble with the defroster like this? oh, and please cross your fingers for me that i get the pony back completely undamaged. [&o]
Old 05-21-2008, 08:00 AM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership can't fix my defroster?!?

Yeah, I don't know what it is about our dealerships, but we both seem to have an army of incompetent service guys working that them. I took my Mustang in to have them fix the driver's side window (motor was running slow for whatever reason). Well in the process, I'm pretty sure someone bent down next to the door with a screwdriver in their pocket and put a gouge in the interior door panel. Bonus: they didn't tell me and hoped I wouldn't notice. I eventually got them to replace it, but even that was more work than I wanted to invest in them.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:06 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Fingers are crossed, good luck dude.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: ink003

i'm sure you guys will enjoy this one - a few months ago the connector that controls my rear defroster (it's that little black plastic looking thing stuck to the back windshield) broke off somehow; i have no clue how it happened - i noticed it when i was cleaning my rear louvers. yesterday i finally brought it in to the dealership to have it repaired...

long story short, after two hours, they came out and told me they couldn't fix it.
i told them they must be f*cking kidding me. nonetheless, they were not. and to add insult to injury, they burnt a hole with their soldering gun in the rear valence above the seats in the process of failing to fix the defroster. i was really psyched [:@].

so, they gave me a loaner in the meantime, and the stang had a sleepover much to my great distress. i had nightmares about the parking garagescene from ferris beuller's day off. anyway, apparently they're bringing it to a glass place today and replacing the part they screwed up.

anyone else ever have trouble with the defroster like this? oh, and please cross your fingers for me that i get the pony back completely undamaged. [&o]

i thought you were gonna say they wouldn't fix it because of your rear louvers [&:]

that sucks man, but it sounds like you're getting new back glass
Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joolander

ORIGINAL: ink003

long story short, after two hours, they came out and told me they couldn't fix it.
i told them they must be f*cking kidding me. nonetheless, they were not. and to add insult to injury, they burnt a hole with their soldering gun in the rear valence above the seats in the process of failing to fix the defroster. i was really psyched [:@].

i thought you were gonna say they wouldn't fix it because of your rear louvers [&:]

that sucks man, but it sounds like you're getting new back glass
ha, i think i woulda puked in my mouth a little bit if they told me that! [:'(]sh*t, i really hope they don't have to replace the whole rear window for this little problem - that would be such a HUGE headache b/c. of the astra hammonds...
Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

call astra hammond and ask for some new hardware

they sent me extra brackets and everything when i told them i needed 2 more thumb screws
Old 05-21-2008, 09:01 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joolander

call astra hammond and ask for some new hardware

they sent me extra brackets and everything when i told them i needed 2 more thumb screws
i've heard they're very helpful, i just hope it doesn't come down to having to do that. unless there's something i just don't know, i can't imagine why they can't fix this thing without replacing the whole rear windshield .
Old 05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

so i just wanted to post an update now that everything has been resolved. the dealership, haldeman ford in hamilton, nj, ended up treating me very well despite their initial difficulty fixing the defroster problem. although i had to leave the stang with them for a couple days while they had an auto glass shop tackle the issue, they did hook me up with a loaner, and they treated my stang great. fortunately, i did not need a replacement rear windshield, and finally my baby is back where she belongs - with me! and a word of advice: try driving around in a mercury sable for a few days; once you get back behind the wheel of your stang, you'll have a whole new appreciation!