Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PYPES O/R X PIPE QUESTION...DOES IT FIT WELL??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default PYPES O/R X PIPE QUESTION...DOES IT FIT WELL??

I am running out exhaust systems. I have tried so many combos, and really found nothing that I like. I just installed the Pypes cut and clamp x pipe, keeping the stock cats and what a waste of money and my time. It took me about an hour to do in blazing temp here in San Antonio, started it up and wow....waste of time, same sound as the stock H, which to me is garbage,with the Macs and the Stingers. Both of those sound like crap with the cut and clamp x.

So, I am going to get the full o/r x by Pypes to run with the Stingers, my question is, how does it fit?? Any issues with the 02 bungs?? Some sites say you need the extensions for the 02 sensors, is that for automatics?? I just want to make sure it has a good fit before I take another hit in the wallet for yet, another mid pipe. Thanks for the help in advance guys...You all have been a big help
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Eric261
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: PYPES O/R X PIPE QUESTION...DOES IT FIT WELL??

I have pypes offroad X pipe on my manual gt and it fits like a glove. Easy install found no problems other than after installing wanting even more power like all other mods.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:36 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Eric, what axle back are you running with it??
Old 05-22-2008, 02:06 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Im running the slp lm with my o/r x and I love it, crazy insaine deathly sound. straight up hot rod sound.

My x pipe on the other hand was pretty tough to get on had to get a buddy to get under the car and help me to line up the mid pipe section to the pipes that lead to the slps, it was hell.

I had the x with my macs also and I liked the sound, decel was really popping but once it warmed up it wasnt to bad at all. It was really deep still on low rpm and screamed at higher rpms. I dunno if I liked the o/r h or the o/r x with the macs better, tough choice, there was no drobe with the o/r x though. the o/r h my head felt like it was going to explode. not that I mineded though was worth the sound.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:16 AM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah Tombstang, Ive seen you with some different exhaust setups since being on the forum. I just cannot find the right setup that I like. I am going to try the o/r x setup with my Stingers and see how that goes. I was thinking of the Bassani race a/b also to compliment the o/r x.