Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux input for Shaker 500?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:49 PM
danam
2nd Gear Member

Default Aux input for Shaker 500?

Is there an Ipod Input for the Aux on the 2005-2008 Mustang Shaker 500. I can't find out in the center console to save my life on my 05 but one of my friends has one on his 08.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:54 PM
WhiteHorse94
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Aux input for Shaker 500?

They didnt start putting that in until the 07 model year I believe
Old 06-05-2008, 09:08 PM
danam
2nd Gear Member

Thank you, I was going to buy an XM portable receiver and plug it in but good thing i didnt.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Not completely true....wording is everything.

there IS an AUX input that can be used by iPods if your shaker 500 has the same back to it that the 1000's do. I think what whitehorse ment was there isnt any input inside the center console. That is correct, they didnt do it till at least 2007.

Check into peripherial or brandmotion. Both offer ways to allow you to hook an adaptor to the back of most shaker systems that allow you to plug in and use your ipod through the radio buttons.

Bryan
Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

This is the unit I have for my '06 GT with Shaker500. I picked it up for $129.99 a little while ago. It works great, and sets you up for iPod control from the radio. The only thing you need other than what's in the kit is some double sided tape and some ZipTies. Total install time is about an hour. Check the website FAQ before you install it, based on the build date on your radio, there's different switch settings.

There's other options if you'd prefer to have control of the iPod on the iPod itself.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:42 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteHorse94

They didnt start putting that in until the 07 model year I believe
my 08 doesn't have one...
Old 06-06-2008, 04:00 AM
MustangFan45
2nd Gear Member

My 08 does. I love it also. But, I think the best is the Serius radio.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

where is the input located? i have an aux button for the satellite radio, but where cna i plug **** in?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antipeterleague

where is the input located? i have an aux button for the satellite radio, but where cna i plug **** in?
If your car doesnt have the plug in the center arm rest (mine is a 06 and it doesnt) but the radio has the "AUX" button on it:

Go to Peripherial's web site http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspxor Brandmotion's site http://www.brandmotion.com/and take a look. What the deal is, is you take out your radio, hook a wire harness to it that they provide, then plug in a long wire into that. One end is the dock like end that fits into your ipod. You run the wire where ever you want the ipod to be and volia, you plug in your ipod and now you can listen AND use your ipod through the radio buttons. Again, this is for those (like me) who have no interest in using the ipod manually. I'm not gonna be fumbling for the ipod while driving down the road when I can have it all intergrated into the radio.

If you wanna see what the back of the radio looks like, pull it and take a look, but you arent gonna just see some button or plug on the back labeled "AUX" if thats what you mean, but that IS where you would plug the right compontent in to allow you to use it.

Bryan
Old 06-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kotobuki

This is the unit I have for my '06 GT with Shaker500. I picked it up for $129.99 a little while ago. It works great, and sets you up for iPod control from the radio. The only thing you need other than what's in the kit is some double sided tape and some ZipTies. Total install time is about an hour. Check the website FAQ before you install it, based on the build date on your radio, there's different switch settings.

There's other options if you'd prefer to have control of the iPod on the iPod itself.
I'm fairly certain that is the redone peripherial one. When mine worked it was pretty cool. Just an FYI though if your not aware. The originial ones (if this is infact the redone peripherial one) caused alot of dash problems with alot of mustang owners. It took over a year and a half (minedoesnt drive in the winters), but eventually even mine started giving me huge dash errors. All my warning lights went on at one point, I lost air conditioning, traction controll, and got the oil pressure low warning. A bzttery reset to clear the computer ended up fixing everything, but the problem was pretty much determined to be from the ipod converter. Peripherial ended up doing a recall and crediting everyone who purchased it past the "replacement" date from where they bought it. I got mine at Best Buy also and since it was past 30 days, I delt directly with Peripherial. I will say they were outstanding to deal with and were very helpful in getting me taken care of. I had to get a money refund since the new "fixed" one wasnt available yet. I dont doubt that you have prolly had good luck thus far with your unit, but I would definately keep an eye on it. I cant imagine they would allow the redesigned unit to have some of the same programming errors, but I would keep the thought in the back of my mind, especially if your dash starts acting wierd at some point in the future.

Also, I dont know how your doing it, but when I plugged my 60gig iPod in, trying to find a specific song at times was a total pain in the butt. Ive actually read that Brandmotions unit basically works the same for browsing for music, so a word of advice that might help a little bit. I created a playlist on the ipod for music that I typically listened to more than others or simply was newer music that I was more likely to wanna hear more often. That way, instead of having 5000 songs to randomly jump around and shuffle through, it might only have to go through a playlist of 20 to 30. I found that I liked it much better that way. Secondly, even in that smaller playlist, but typically I did this on every song I loaded on the iPod through iTunes, I removed the "album" name. I cant tell you how many times I went to load a song by so and so, and after browsing all the way to whatever group, I had no idea which album it was from and ended up choosing the wrong album, thus getting the wrong list of songs from that album to choose from and had to start all over. This might not be a problem for anyone choosing Aerosmith since thats in the A's and is a quick browse to get to....but if your doing it for Pink Floyd, or Seether or something like that, its a total pain in the ***. Both units work this way, so anyone who gets one of these will have to deal with it. A smaller sized iPod or just loading "necessary" songs would help as well. I have well over 22,000 songs so there was NO way I would load (or be able to even if I wanted to) that many. But even 1000 or so to browse through by author can be a pain when your going on a 10 minute drive and it takes you 7 to get to the song you wanted.....

Just a heads up. Hope it helps.

Bryan

Quick Reply: Aux input for Shaker 500?