Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Struts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hood Struts?

Redline Quick lift elite kit is the best looking but maybe not the best over all kit when working under the hood.

Rick
Here they are on my Ranger but I haven't installed my kit on my stang yet.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Don't know about modern, but plenty of Ferraris have them (308's, 250GT's, etc). The mustang is a V8 with a live axle, and was designed to look 40 years old. I think every mustang since 1979 has used a prop rod.

Like I said, I don't see the point, but if it doesn't make it faster, more efficient, last longer, or handle better, it wouldn't interest me. Car meets and bling just ain't my thing.

To each their own; enjoy your struts. There is obviously a market for this stuff. Who am I to judge another man's mod?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Try opening your hood with 1 arm & then come talk to me. The only reason why theyhave the cheap assbar for holding the hood up is because they are saving a bunch of money & its good big business to screw the public whenever possible.

Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

BTW moron, the original Stangs DID NOT have a hood prop to hold the hood up so maybe your 25 years of Mustang ownership means nothing to some of us.

Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Moron? Wow. And I thought I just said "to each their own."

I may be a moron. But, if you would like to read my post, what i said was that every mustang since 1979 had prop rods. Every mustang from 1964-1/2 through 1978, I beleive, had springs.

My years of mustang ownership should mean nothing to you, but thanks for doing your research.

Chill out, Rick; I said nothing derogatory to you or to anyone else. I am also sorry that you seem to hate your cheap Ford mustang so much. I am sure that it will sell quickly, and you can replace it with something that better suits you.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

No, I did my homework & read some of your othe EXPERT posts & as far as I'm concerned your just a smartass useless poster that loves to stir it up. Just my opinion but everyone can read the history on your posts & most are worthless & even useless @ best. I'm no young kid & people like you just jump out @ me as a trouble maker from the get go. Yea..check out my history...what little there is, I try & help, not throw some useless dribble out there.

Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

OH YEA, BTW, I like my Stang but I do find its faults & I fix them, you on the other handI can't do anything about so you continue spewing your garbage, I'm sure someone will believe you.

Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 03:32 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RHuckster

No, I did my homework & read some of your othe EXPERT posts & as far as I'm concerned your just a smartass useless poster that loves to stir it up. Just my opinion but everyone can read the history on your posts & most are worthless & even useless @ best. I'm no young kid & people like you just jump out @ me as a trouble maker from the get go. Yea..check out my history...what little there is, I try & help, not throw some useless dribble out there.

Rick
LOL. Nice to know you have time on your hands.I thought this thread was about hood struts. Certainly my posts were.So tell me again who is spewing "dribble" (might you mean "drivel?")

Have a nice day.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Your right & I'm sorry. I stumbled off the yellow brick road to comment on your worthless posts & I should be banned for it. It will never happen again....NOT

Rick
Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

ORIGINAL: topbliss

modern Ferrari's have prop rods?
No. Only the Enzo does. It's actually a rear straight bar that holds the hatch up. Others, such as the 430, all have struts. But hey, I like the idea of them on our cars, just can't justify the $115, so I'll continue using the time tested prop rod.
If you lurk on ebay long enough you'll find a steal. I got my Redline Elites for 30 bucks. The guy was a shop owner and the customer bought the wrong year. $30 +$7 for the rivets and $5 for shipping. Inexpensive, custom, and look's clean as ****.

Quick Reply: Hood Struts?