Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CoverKing quality?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL
Default CoverKing quality?

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before but I can't get ANY searches to work for me, soooo.

Does anyone have the CoverKing cover that's being advertised in this section for a group buy...and if so, what's the quality like? I've been thinking about buying a cover for my black Stang since I owned it but have always held off because I'm afraid of spending that kind of money and finding out after the fact that it's not a great quality. So what about this particular one. Worth the cash? Good for a black car? Any drawbacks to it?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: CoverKing quality?

What are your plans as far as using the car cover? If you are keeping it indoors, it will be fine, but if you are keeping it outside in all kinds of weather conditions, you would be better off with their Stormproof cover.
I have one (got from Costco Online)likethe one thatis being advertised and it's been on my car for a year outdoors. It does help keep bugs, dustand bird poop off as well as my curious cats who love to jump up on cars. It also does cut down on water spots from dew or rain. Eventually I want to make room in my garage so I can get it out of the elements.

If you get a car cover, I wouldn't recommend putting a hole for the antenna but rather taking the antenna off before putting the cover on. By putting a hole in it, you run the risk of water getting in. When I take the cover off, I put it in the trunk and hand tightened down my antenna....doesn't take long at all. Also I highly suggest you wipe down your car good each time you put that cover on....if not, the cover may pick up small particles of dirt and in time will scratch the finish.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

No, I plan to use it strictly for indoor usage (which is what the cover was designed for). I keep my car in the garage all the time and am looking for a cover to limit the dust and grass clippings that blow onto it when the door is open as well as protect it from accidental scratches from people walking past it while it's in the garage. But, I'm concerned about getting a cover that's made to fit that snugly don't want the cover to CAUSE scratches, swirls, etc. So again, does anyone know how well this particular cover protects and prevents INSIDE.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere before but I can't get ANY searches to work for me, soooo.

Does anyone have the CoverKing cover that's being advertised in this section for a group buy...and if so, what's the quality like? I've been thinking about buying a cover for my black Stang since I owned it but have always held off because I'm afraid of spending that kind of money and finding out after the fact that it's not a great quality. So what about this particular one. Worth the cash? Good for a black car? Any drawbacks to it?

Thanks!
These are nice covers!!!

We ran a similar gorup buy through our Vette Store a while back.

Check the forum posts over at corvetteforum for feedback on them from the customers that purchased.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...t=coverking+GP

Only a couple days left on this GP and we still need 11 orders to close.

Thanks

Ken

Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

And what happens if you don't get the last 11 orders? Do you cancel the orders or raise the prices to normal or ship just to those who did order? I've never gotten in on a group buy before so I have no clue how these work.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:32 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

And what happens if you don't get the last 11 orders? Do you cancel the orders or raise the prices to normal or ship just to those who did order? I've never gotten in on a group buy before so I have no clue how these work.
Unfortunately if wedon't get the total number of orders we need to get the discount from the manufacturer we cancel everyone's orders and set the price to the normal price.

This is a screaming deal but we need the forum members to step up if we are going to be able to let everyone take advantage of it )-:

We did this on the Corvette Forum a while back and ended up geting 225 orders.
There are a lot more people on that forum though.

I'll give an update on orders tomorrow night and see how close we are.

See ya!