Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weight Savings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
BamaDan
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Weight Savings?

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

Laxative.
i heard that(:

ORIGINAL: Ruffnuts

They did that todecrease the wind co efficient drag at 150+ mph
You can also do what NASCAR does and repaint with lighter paint by using less paint or sanding off the existing paint entirely. An old school trick is to drill holes in all the unseen metal areas.
i guess my comment about porsche was to say that every little bit counts. i could see where it sounded like i meant that was for wieght. badge didnt make it any lighter, though(:

ORIGINAL: pascal
You can always do that...
Minus the roll cage.

Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image
its tempting. not sure i'm ready yet, but i'll probably get there.

ORIGINAL: HoorayBeer
always ride with an almost empty tank of gas. 1 gallon=6.2 pounds
i pass a gas station that sells a cent or two cheaper than most others on my way to/from work, so i usually carry 2-3 gallons, depending on what i have to do the rest of the day(:

Old 07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
mustang08
1st Gear Member

u can take that insualtion off that is on the underside of the hood if u want. half of my friends do it to there cars it helps the car cool better and reallly the only reason it is there is to not make the hood to hot to where if u touch it it wont burn u but its up to u want to want
Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

For the 1/4 windows, they have louves that replace the entire window and have air ducts to allow air into the car.......

Why didnt u buy a convertable too and why on gods green earth would you buy a 2005+ and strip it over everything, even doing so isnt going to give you a noticable HP gain....

You did buy the car right?
Old 07-05-2008, 08:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Verts are heavier boss.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:04 PM
BeitzelGT
2nd Gear Member

replace the floorboard, if its just you driving, remove the passanger seat......you can remove the skid plates......

Nets for side windows would be cool
Old 07-05-2008, 08:24 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang08

u can take that insualtion off that is on the underside of the hood if u want. half of my friends do it to there cars it helps the car cool better and reallly the only reason it is there is to not make the hood to hot to where if u touch it it wont burn u but its up to u want to want
I'd remove the insulation, it's there toput outa fire in case your engine catches on fire. The plastic clips are supposed to melt dropping it on the fire and then, no more fire...right...
Old 07-05-2008, 08:32 PM
mustang08
1st Gear Member

yeah i guess that insualation can do that but the fire has to be kinda small. if the fire is too big it will burn that insuallation easily cause there isnt much there in that insulation so theres no point in it at all
Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 PM
vf96
2nd Gear Member

come on........you can't be serious. Plastic panel,arm rest cover,glove box removals. You don't want to spend $$ so obviously you have no mods. add some HP. Stripping down your Stang won't do anything but make it look like %*@!. 100 pounds weight reduction= .1 sec. in the 1/4 mi. If your lucky. Fuel savings would be almost non existant. Buy a 4 cylinder. don't trash a Stang!!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:27 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vf96

come on........you can't be serious. Plastic panel,arm rest cover,glove box removals. You don't want to spend $$ so obviously you have no mods. add some HP. Stripping down your Stang won't do anything but make it look like %*@!. 100 pounds weight reduction= .1 sec. in the 1/4 mi. If your lucky. Fuel savings would be almost non existant. Buy a 4 cylinder. don't trash a Stang!!
lol I do kind of agree in a way. unless you are going to the track and need that .09 of a second back I wouldnt bother. The sound in your interior will sound like **** if you take all of this stuff off.The road noise will be unreal im pretty sure along with the look of a gutted car.

Its cool if the car is a track monster then its understandable cause hes fighting the clock and that .1 can count.