Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.0 vs LT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 4.0 vs LT1

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: dschmink

Gonna throw this in the ring...
Trade it in for a 4.6L. FTW!
Moderator please delete his post before it starts a flame fest! [:@]
Damn, you guys are way to touchy. Next time Ill put a giant JK for you so you can feel better.
Grow up.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:56 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Gonna throw this in the ring...
Trade it in for a 4.6L. FTW!
Moderator please delete his post before it starts a flame fest! [:@]
Damn, you guys are way to touchy. Next time Ill put a giant JK for you so you can feel better.
Grow up.
Grow up??? I'm 48 years old how much more "growing up" do you want me to do???

I just get tired of the "just get a GT or a V8" comments that start childish and needless debates.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Then I'll be the mature one and end this. Don't be so quick to over react to a joke next time.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:05 PM
wmtheflash
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SatinSilverStang

calm down guys, howarmart is right, i coulda posted this in V6 only, but i like the more views and GT guys have great ideas as well as V6 owners. So let it slide, sheesh.

So Giggle Gas and The Shaft look like the clear cut winner here

Now, which kits and shafts are best bang for buck?
Gears would be the biggest thing you could do. I'm guessing you don't want lower highway gas mileage. I can respect that.

You should probably get adjustable suspension components with the driveshaft (either upper or lower control arms). Just to be sure pinion angle is OK. Besides, those parts need to be upgrade from the factory, especially the lower control arms.

If you go nitrous, then don't skimp on the safety features. Pretty much all kits will have a throttle position switch (TPS), that's good, but not good enough. Make sure you get an rpm window switch and for maximum safety a fuel pressure safety switch (cheap part!) is a good idea.

I think most people have been going with Zex, but you should take a look at NOS and Nitrous Express as well.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

not try'n to flame you but It looks like you put a lot of money in that V6 I think for the amount of money thats in that V6 you could of had a GT.

you need to be able to break a 13 sec 1/4 since those cars are solid low 14sec 1/4 cars well the late ones at least (had a few friends that had them)

4.10S, DRIVESHAFT, SPRAY IT, STALL/TORQUE CONVERTER ,
Old 07-13-2008, 04:00 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Then I'll be the mature one and end this. Don't be so quick to over react to a joke next time.
It won't be taken as a joke if you make it sound like you are being serious. Next times, say you are only joking.

The End.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:19 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Leos06gtLL

not try'n to flame you but It looks like you put a lot of money in that V6 I think for the amount of money thats in that V6 you could of had a GT.
this is true, buts its pretty much appearence mods, aside from the track days my car doesn't see more than 65mph and gets around 20mpg avg with 80% city. I did what i did so that the car makes more of a personal statement like someones house or other large investment, my mustang is just a item to express my tastes and have a lil fun.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:26 PM
1morepart
4th Gear Member

JUST GO OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!!!!SAVE THE MONEY AND WORK ON YOUR "REACTION" TIMES..YOUR BUDDY WILL BEAT YOU;HOWEVER, YOU HAVEA FIGHTING CHANCE....

IF: CHANGE GEAR, JUICE, GREAT TUNE FOR CAI, DS,UDPS, AND TRACTION! GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN...REMEMBER, YOU ARE RACING AN LT1 WITH A 4.OL

JASON
Old 07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

reaction time is pretty good, i used to do Jr. Dragster so i've had some experience.

i think i'm just gonna juice it up, shaft it, bolt on the M/T's and see what the hell happens
Old 07-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

There are options open to you to make the 4.0 V6 plenty powerful and respectable. To those "joking" to you and telling you to get a GT, just ask them what they run and where's the slip.
To hang with an LT1 you will definitely need to get some sort of power adder with nitrous being the cheapest alternative.
Obviously I am partial to turbo, and seeing how the 4.0 is pretty boost friendly, that is the direction I would go. You could even run a modest boost with turbo (8psi) and touch 12's. 11psi would net you low 12's all day long with a minimal of supporting mods.
Lower control arms, tlok/gears, and good rubber and you are all set.

Quick Reply: 4.0 vs LT1