Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wheels/tires & I'M DONE! (w/pics/tech info)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
thrift
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New wheels/tires & I'

not too shabby lookin my friend...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New wheels/tires & I'M DONE! (w/pics/tech info)

ORIGINAL: timothyrw

oh i am well aware this is so much more that can be done. but i have to say at this point i'm pretty much satisfied/content with my car. i've also got a new radio and speakers but that pretty much is it!

i mean, i've already spent, what, close to $5k!! (i know, that's nothing compared to some of you.) i'm done until further notice!

thanks for all the compliments!

i had been planning to go with the black color of these rims and was about to order them when i saw these with the anthracite and it immediately made more sense to me.

as far as the wife, my big mistake was not telling her how much they cost ($1480 to my door) until after i bought them. i always tell her how much i am spending but for some reason i didn't do it this time and when she found out it kind of floored her i guess... so, she's kinda pissed right now. but she's slowly getting over it.

ORIGINAL: kpaulhus

SO just looking at your sig is that all that is done to the car? I dont mean to tell u what to do in any way but there is sooooo much more that can be done with little money? A mustang is never finished IMO.

Wheels n tires look great btw

Lol, it reminds me of back in the day, me and the wife went to Vegas on vaction, she hit the 1st slot machine for 2500 bucks.(On my money of course.) Figured it was a good time to lay it out that I had ordered DSL (high speed internet) for the house. This was when high speed internet was very rare.

As its said, "Its easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission"
Old 07-23-2008, 01:49 AM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New wheels/tires & I'M DONE! (w/p

Your done FOR NOW!!!!
Wait until you see something else you like and your gonna order it!!
I guarantee that if u had wasted those 1400 dollars on a diamond ring for her she would have never gotten mad!!
Diamonds are a girls best friend...... And well....our mustangs are our best friends!![8D]

Old 07-23-2008, 01:58 AM
xiiiix
1st Gear Member

those look great!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:01 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

As its said, "Its easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission"
soooootrue!

she's pretty much over it at this point. but she really resents my car and to a lesser extent this forum!

here is the info on the wheels:

size:18x8offset: 40mmweight: 23.4 lbswhile filling up with gas at costco the attendant was DROOLING over my wheels and we were talking about my car and stuff. he was a nice guy but he couldn't take his eyes off them and i started to think about wheel locks?are they worth it? do they do any good?i understand that if someone really wants them they will get them, but would they be an actual deterrent against an amatuer or someone who doesn't know better?[/align]
Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

you are right. hmmm...

wow, i thought i'd get a few more "not for me" posts! and i have to say they look even better in person!

ORIGINAL: Full Throttle

love the wheels however you need a gt500 chin spoiler
Old 07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

oh i am well aware this is so much more that can be done. but i have to say at this point i'm pretty much satisfied/content with my car. i've also got a new radio and speakers but that pretty much is it!

i mean, i've already spent, what, close to $5k!! (i know, that's nothing compared to some of you.) i'm done until further notice!

thanks for all the compliments!

i had been planning to go with the black color of these rims and was about to order them when i saw these with the anthracite and it immediately made more sense to me.

as far as the wife, my big mistake was not telling her how much they cost ($1480 to my door) until after i bought them. i always tell her how much i am spending but for some reason i didn't do it this time and when she found out it kind of floored her i guess... so, she's kinda pissed right now. but she's slowly getting over it.

ORIGINAL: kpaulhus

SO just looking at your sig is that all that is done to the car? I dont mean to tell u what to do in any way but there is sooooo much more that can be done with little money? A mustang is never finished IMO.

Wheels n tires look great btw
I know the reason, because you know she would NOT have agreed with you spending $1480 on wheels /tires for "The Mustang"[sm=chairshot.gif].
I'm married too man, I know. Oh well, ask for forgiveness.
Congratulations on the new wheels/tires, they look good with your car.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

i started to think about wheel locks?are they worth it? do they do any good? i understand that if someone really wants them they will get them, but would they be an actual deterrent against an amatuer or someone who doesn't know better?[/align]
I have locks on mine and I know from experience changing wheels that they will definitely keep an amateur from taking them. As far as pros, they always seem to find a way.

Your rims look ok but I think they aren't compatible with the Mustang's lines.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Leos06gtLL
3rd Gear Member

looks good.....those were one of the wheels I looked into getting