Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I that retarded or WTF!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:28 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Am I that retarded or WTF!!!!

Skip the locking gas cap and just buy a Smith and Wesson.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:56 PM
CKurello
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mpatilla

Skip the locking gas cap and just buy a Smith and Wesson.

+1 all a locking gas cap will do is cost you a new gas tank when someone drills it
Old 07-31-2008, 07:04 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

just so you know.. i think you might get a CEL.. i was told our caps had a sensor in them so that if it didnt detect it, it would trhow a code and let you know your cap wasnt on.. so be carefull..

plus.. from years 88 and + .. cars started coming standard with an anti siphon baffle.. (i work at advance auto parts, and was told this)

so.. might not need it!

Not true, total BS, horse hockey,
Old 07-31-2008, 07:05 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

Good point! I have been hearing about thieves drilling gas tanks...seems to be an up and comingtrend for getting aroundlocking gas caps.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mynameismike65

Im really getting pissed off right now...I got a locking gas cap and I cant get the Fu*king lanyard from the stock one off.....Its really irritating. I dont want to cut it. Someone help me before I kill someone.
Just put the damn thing in boiled water for 5 minutes. it will be much easier. Be careful though... don't do something retarded like sticking your hand in to retrieve it from the water. LOL
I guess I should mention... you will have to rig up a platform close enough to the filler neck to allow you to set a can close enough to place the cap in with boiled water.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

well a locking gas cap also keeps a holes from putting sugar or whatever in your gas tank. I always think my stupid indian neighbors are gonna mess with my car.But so far they haven't.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:49 PM
tfyzorg2
2nd Gear Member

I ripped the plastic peice off, and i have a cheapo locking gas cap from walmart, no codes here, you really think cheap *** ford is gonna put SENSORS in the gas caps?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

It's very, very easy to do. Once you get it, you'll laugh at how easy it is.

Just grip the lanyard in some way (an easy spot is where the lanyard branches off from the ring into one piece and goes toward the fuel door cover), and pull it away from the gas gap. The lanyard ring stretches. Stretch it until you can pull part of it over the plastic white part (that goes toward the fuel tank) of the gas cap. Once you have part of the lanyard ring over the white plastic part of the stock gas cap, just grap part of the edge of the ring and pull that over the white part, then move your hand a little and do more, etc.

I thought it was going to be hard to get the lanyard off, but actually it was very easy.

But be careful. When I put my lanyard/locking gas cap back on and stuck the little nub thing of the lanyard into the fuel door (it's kind of a tree-clip thing) I actually dent the fuel door from the inside by pushing the lanyard clip back in place, so it ended up costing me an extra $50 to get paintless dent repair to fix the ding.

As it turns out, the locking gas cap seems to have some issues with the key (that is, I fought with it for like 5 minutes once at the gas station to get the key in there to unlock it) so I'm just gonna take it off and put the stocker back on.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 PM
KeithB78
2nd Gear Member

a 45 ACP will cure thieves from drilling another tank[8D]
Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
GOT OATZ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nuke

Let's face it... If we weren't all retards in SOME respectwe wouldn't need half the support from this forum.

[sm=guilty.gif]

Quick Reply: Am I that retarded or WTF!!!!