Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Default Bassani

Anyone have these Bassani mufflers? They sound awesome in this vid. Sounds so old school and a lot like the New Edge.

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...mp;category=90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJe8J...eature=related

I don't have the Bassani catted X, but I do have a catted prochamber. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on these. [sm=roll.gif]
Old 08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani

the bassani set up is nice but alot of money
Old 08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I have the Bassani SS Race mufflers and they are sweet with my O/R H pipe and cams. Had to throw on some resonators to clean up the noise caused by the removal of the cats.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:14 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Yeah, the race mufflers sound similar to my stingers....from what I've heard. The Bassani Street mufflers have that good chambered sound.

Here's another nice sound with same mufflers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4SB-E7La6Q
Old 08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Anyone have these Bassani mufflers? They sound awesome in this vid. Sounds so old school and a lot like the New Edge.

http://www.ninosport.com/Bassani-SS-...mp;category=90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJe8J...eature=related

I don't have the Bassani catted X, but I do have a catted prochamber. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on these. [sm=roll.gif]
Hey warmachine have you considered mac axlebacks? the reason i ask is i just recently converted my bassani catted X into a catted H-pipe and threw my macs on just for the hell of it and that setup sounds bad-***! ..def old school muscle-chambered sound! I thinkyours would sound awesome with that catted prochamber if you can stand the drone!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I like some of the sound that MACs have, but they sound very gravely at WOT, like they are coughing up rocks.

Have you got a vid of your new setup? I'd really like to hear it.

Drone is ok for me....especially since I got the 4.10 gears....doesn't bog in the drone zone. The rare passenger of mine can just deal with it.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

i have them and they sound great!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Ill try to get a video up this week! unfortunatly all i have is a digital camera to record with and it never captures the true depth and sound.I agree about WOT..still a bit raspy, but cruising low and slow its deep as all hell! rattlesthe fillings out of your mouth its def the loudest setup ive tried thus far...no more sneaking home after midnightI imagine it would sound even better with a catted prochamber..kinda wish i had gone that route now!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I don't realize how loud my setup is until I start the car and get out for something and walk behind it. Feeling that deep grunt in your bones is a little unnerving.

I like the smoothness of the Borlas, but I also want that hollow chambered sound and that certain groaning sound. The Bassani street mufflers seem to have the right note without being raspy...atleast it doesn't sound raspy with cats.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Not sure about the bassanis. In some vids they sound good andin others theyre a littleraspy. cant trust a camera...nothing is better thanlive in-person! I really love my borlas...but theyre almost too smooth, thats why i decided to break out the old macs( just for sh*ts& giggles ) and now i dont know if ill put them back on or not! def turning more heads and getting more thumbs-upswith the macs ( plus dirty looks from the neighbors LOL )....time will tell i guess.

Quick Reply: Bassani