Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you???

Old 08-11-2008, 01:14 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Would you???

I see no reason why you couldn't get the springs before you do wheels/tires. As far as the drop, the sportlines will provide an agressive drop which will improve cornering, center of gravity and other things. I went with H&R Super Sport Springs (1.7"F / 1.9"R) which are very similar and I absolutely love them. Word of advise...you will have to go slow over speed bumps, and make sure you don't hit parking stones by pulling to far into parking spaces. Check out my photo gallery if you want to see pics of the drop. It is also probably a good suggestion to replace your shocks/ struts too because the aggressive drop will wear out your factory peices quicker than normal. I paid $503 for my Tokico Dspecs about 4-5 months ago, which are awesome and fully adjustable (stiffness/softness) for whatever driving you plan of doing.

Last edited by degeze; 08-15-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:21 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Oh, I just remembered you have a chin spoiler. If I were you I would consider going with a less aggressive drop, just to protect the chin spoiler.
How are the roads where you are?

Last edited by degeze; 08-13-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

well right now almost allt he roads i drive on are being redone so in a week the should all be actualyl really good plus i drive slow on the roads that are bad that im not ever really on, i dont plan on keepign the cdc chin on foreevr because i plan on finishing the eleanor look but obviously i'd like to keep it in the best condition possible.. how long can i get away with the stock struts/shocks before they wear out and have to replace with soemthing like the tokyo dspecs?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

there will be some crappy roads still greg lol
Old 08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by degeze
Oh, I just rememberedyou have a chin spoiler. If I were you I would consider going with a less aggressive drop, just to protect the chin spoiler.
How are the roads where you are?
love your rims man i was lookign at those for my self are they any wider then the stock ones
Old 08-12-2008, 04:07 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
I have the Roush rear only set up. Some are not satisfied with this amount of lowering, but I'm happy with the look and have no worries about scraping off my CDC classic chin spoiler.

Here are my AFTER and BEFORE pix.

nice car man i goin to do the roush drop as well all the way around how is the handleing with it
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Allstar
well right now almost allt he roads i drive on are being redone so in a week the should all be actualyl really good plus i drive slow on the roads that are bad that im not ever really on, i dont plan on keepign the cdc chin on foreevr because i plan on finishing the eleanor look but obviously i'd like to keep it in the best condition possible.. how long can i get away with the stock struts/shocks before they wear out and have to replace with soemthing like the tokyo dspecs?
Sorry for the delayed response, I had difficulty finding the post after they updated the website. I lost all of my subscribed threads because of the update.
To answer your question, it is very difficult to tell how long they will last. If the roads are in good condition and you can avoid pot holes and such, I would think they could last a good while. Some members have been riding on the stock shocks/struts years after lowering their car aggressively.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

it would only be like that for a few months.. till about december so.. its not like im trying to test how long they'll last im just trying to put some money away for the rims and tires while i pay off a few things..
Old 08-13-2008, 10:57 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by deekum1627
love your rims man i was lookign at those for my self are they any wider then the stock ones
Thanks.
I had stock 18" fanblades when I bought the car, and wanted a wider wheel. My only request was that they needed to be deep dish. They are 18" x 9.5" all around and I bought them from Discount Tire for slightly under $200 per wheel.

Last edited by degeze; 08-13-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:03 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Allstar
it would only be like that for a few months.. till about december so.. its not like im trying to test how long they'll last im just trying to put some money away for the rims and tires while i pay off a few things..
You should definitely be fine then. Which wheels are you looking at?

Search this Thread