Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Pins

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Good looking pins. A little to much money for my taste. But the placement of these are about the same place the Shelby ones will put them.

I personally think they are in the wrong spot and are to far in the middle on our huge hoods.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:30 PM
KelseyS

Originally Posted by Boozshey
The Spectre are about 4 inches. The same exact as the FRPP ones. That would be the shortest you could use with installing the way that I did.

Good to know, thanks again!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:50 PM
302me
2nd Gear Member

Do you recommend anything specific for the GTS Ramair hood from TruFiber? I have the same "earthquack" factor on the highway. I've tried adjusting the bumb stops but no luck.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

If your going to get hood pins get the good ones, shelby. you cant even compare them to the auto zone ones.. I have 3 diff pairs and ended up eventually getting the shelbys and side by side its a joke. The auto zone ones look like they cost $7........oh wait they do.

I also had joeheckracing pins in black wich are still not comparable to the shelby pins but they are still alot nicer then the auto zone ones. joeheck runs ya about $15
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

I just installed frrp pins in mine and went the risky route and put them in the rad support brackets where the 2 push pins from the cover are and i had to lengthen the pins to make it work. if that wasnt enough i snapped 2 screws into the hood and wile trying to drill it out i snapped the drill bit and scrapped my hood down to the alluminum. aside from that i think the look bad *** and especially because they are right in line with the center of the fog lights and they poke out of the orriginal holes for push pins. lanyards are run through the outter corner of the grill and aside from the hugh gash in my hood i think its the best overall setup ive seen period..... anyone know how to fix the scrape??? its through the primer and into the alluminum in spots
Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

where is the best location for the hood pins to be placed at?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

I had the shelby hood pins that mount thru the rad cover with the brackets. I am no longer using the brackets. I made up my own hood washers and reused the pins. Long story short I can sell someone my old brackets and maybe trade my rad cover for a uncut one. It is very nicely done. If you get the brackets from me you can then buy the 1/2 inch hood pin set from jegs for $15. The shelby ones are so darn expensive, and all your getting extra is the brackets... I can get pics
Old 08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

I made these washers. Obviously I think they are the best ones out there

Old 08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boozshey
Think chrome ones. What are you talking about. They sell POLE style at the local stores...

The Shelby ones are a lot more than a few bucks more, also by doing it with the ones from the auto store, the placement is a TON better...

Here's my how-to for $13.00 hood pins...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/show...345849#3876208
I highly doubt that the closer placement of the store ones looks better than the Shelby ones. Here is a picture of mine and yes they are the shelby ones.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Sorry man, I think yours are way to far out on the hood. Sick car, but your pins are in the wrong spot for that hood. Although it might have looked worse with the Shelby pins being closer in cause it would just look like a misplaced HUGE block of metal on your hood. I just don't like how big the plates are.

SlinkyBMX has them in the right spot for his hood. But the RAD spot are the worst spot for a stock hood, and yours are to far out. Right in between the RAD spot and yours is where they should be. Hey, what do you know, that's exactly where mine are...

So in short, I would take my $7.00 pins, over a pair of Shelby's any day of the week for my application.

Of course this is all subject to opinion so please don't get upset that I said your's are in the wrong spot.

MR. BAPE... GOTO THE FIRST PAGE I POSTED A LINK TO A HOW-TO!!!

Quick Reply: Hood Pins