Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Annoyances

Personally...

I think they should require 4 point center buckle seat belts like in the race cars in all Mustang GT's
Old 05-18-2005, 01:52 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

Now that we have had enough people chime in on the importance of the seatbelt, which I agree with, but the better way to ask the question would be this:

"Can you reflash the computer to silence the alarm for the seatbelt?"

Someone in the passenger seat or something in the seat more than 60lbs. will set it off as well.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:53 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

I know this thing is annoying, I wear mine, but I have one friend who refuses to wear his, needless to say he doesn't ride in the car much.

It stops after about 5 minutes
Old 05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Yes, seat belts are a life saver and I make my passengers wear theirs. If they don't want to wear their seat belt, they don't ride. Besides, in Missouri, both the front seat occupants must wear their seat belts or you get a ticket.

Maybe he is one of those people who lay the seat back almost flat and drive? How do they do that? Maybe he doesn't want to get decapitated in an accident.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
05vert
1st Gear Member

I'm usually pretty quiet here, check in often but mind my own business. I feel like replying to this thread though. The person who started this thread is capable enough to at least drive a car and use a computer, I'm sure he doesn't need 8+ responses about what a "bonehead" he is. Anyone here ride a motorcycle without a helmet? Actually...some people out there would call you a bonehead for taking the chance on a motorcycle period, even if you're in a full racing suit. How bout a regular bike, always wear a helmet and pads? Read meat....that'll kill ya. Cigarettes...alcohol. We shouldn't do some of these things...but we do, because we choose to, free will. I'm not condoning any of the above...just trying to make a point. It's a free country...and if wearing your seatbelt is a law in his state, he's free to break it and pay the fine. I'm sure no one on this site breaks any traffic laws....right?? If you can help him with his question....go for it. Otherwise...well, feel free to tear me apart for this email!
Old 05-18-2005, 03:18 PM
FuzzyRag
1st Gear Member

But its so much more satisfying to let someone know they're stupid for not wearing a seatbelt =P
Old 05-18-2005, 03:24 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

I wear my seatbelt, but my dad hates to wear his. He thinks it is wrong that the government can tell him what to do in regaurds to his safety. Speed limits are in place to help prevent others from hitting you at excessive speeds. Seatbelts only effect you, not other drivers.

I will continue to wear mine, but I do disagree with the law.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
ChristopherCamel
2nd Gear Member

i always wear mine..but the way to disable the noise is to plug the seatbelt in and pull it out real quick and that turns it off..so ive heard...say goodbye if you get in a bad accident but thats your choice
Old 05-18-2005, 03:33 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Dude, I totalled one 05' already.

You want that seatbelt on. The car does a great job of misdirecting as much force as possible away from the interior of the car, but believe me, I would be in pretty bad shape right now if I hadn't been wearing it. You can help avoid accidents, but some you can't avoid, like mine where I was stopped, and was plowed into.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:35 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05vert
Read meat....that'll kill ya.

Wow...remind me to never read a hamburger then!

In your owners manual ( that book that came with the car that you probably haven't read ) it tells you how to temporarly disable the seat belt buzzer. It is on a per start basis meaning that each time you turn off the car it goes back to normal.

Having said that.... Wear your seat belt bonehead ( sorry, couldn't resist )

Quick Reply: Annoyances