Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've got alot of work to do

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:50 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405
Anymore info on these speakers? How was install?

I was thinking of upgrading the door subs, replacing the front speakers, and moving the fronts to the rear on my Shaker 500.

(I have heard the fronts are a lot better quality than the paper cones they put in the rear.)

Thanks,
It wasnt to bad I had to cut a lil bit of plastic so that it would fit perfectly. I have never done anything liek this before so it tells you the degree of difficulty,lol. The subs in the doors are exposed now and I think it looks sweet, adds to the interior, just as long as you dont got kids jumping around in ya front seat it should be fine. The 6x8 I put in are 250 watts, and when I took out the stock ones they said 25 watts or 50 dont remember, but it was ****ty and the stock system still pounds pretty good for factory. I havent got my deck installed yet either cause I was waiting for my rear camera. Im going to upgrade all of the wires and im think Ill get some kind of amp to fully power the subs. The stock deck just starves the speakers lol I put it on full bass and there isnt ahint of distortion its clear as day and pretty dam loud. I am going to add the same 6x8 in the rear also for what itsd worth the $60 they cost might aswell top it off. Im am pretty sure though I wont be needing any subs in my trunk to fullfill my music needs.

your central fl right? maybe we can link up and u can check it out, I still have all the screws off so I can just lift off the door panel. Are you any good with stereo stuff Im a little hesitant to try and install my deck, although it shouldnt be to difficult if I read the instructions but would be nice to have somebodys knowledge who has done it before. Im located basically at millenia mall just let me know.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

I was gonna put my xbox 360 into my car but the one thing that worries me is how delicately those things need to be treated. Id be playing a game and hit a small bump and the 360 would scratch the crap outta my disc. I can run over my old xbox and it will still work. I will post pics as soon as i start the install. I am going out to michigan tomorrow so it will have to wait a bit but it will just give me time to brainstorm layout ideas.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:45 PM
EmilianoCabral

hey mem
how are you doing with that xbox install???
i was planning on putting one in my car too, i just dont know where would it fit and the other problem i was thinking about was the power input....where are you planning to put it? would be great if you can post some pics...thanks
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT INSTALL
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

good lookin setup. not my style, but if it serves your purposes, go for it.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

A little OT here... Ya'll should google "car pc". Pretty much the same money as the ridiculous cost of a decent nav system. But with a in-car PC and software meant for in-car apps, you get nav, mp3, practically infinite mp3 storage, OBD-II, and all kinds of crap. I'd love to have all that. Its just way down my list of priorities.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Everything looks fine except lose the xbox way outdated and if you have a 360 are you really going to enjoy playing this? Also as small as the mustang is wear are you planning to play the xbox from because you can't play it and drive and no one fits in the back seat unless you have kids. I would go with the idea of a new 360 in the trunk they are a bit better with durability and the wireless controller if you just have to have this set up.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

UPDATE 10/26/08:
After installing the DP Video headunit I was just ridiculously unhappy with it and its functions. That thing went straight back to the store.....and I got something alot better.

Kenwood DDX500, I have spent hours just playing with all this things features.

As far as the Xbox goes, I would absolutely love the 360 but hitting a bump and scratching the crap outta one of my games wouldnt make me very happy. I plan on mounting it in the trunk and using a controller extension cable hidden in the carpet to move the controller to the front seats(I also might go wireless). It just occured to me that playing soul calibur off of my dreamcast might be more fun I will run a cable for power to the inverter when i run the amp wires. My dad doesnt seem like hes in too much of a hurry to help me with that part, so im gonna see if snicksrolos might help.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

nice stuff man congrats on all the goodies
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks Should be pretty sweet when its all set up