Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the neighborhood!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 03:44 AM
SonicMustanGT

Default New to the neighborhood!!!

Hey all, my names chris and its my first time on this forum!

Im getting a 2005 GT Sonic Blue, hopefully by the end of this week. I had a few questions and I was hoping some of you could answer them.

1. As soon as I get my car, I want to add some minor mods to it. I am firstly thinking about the CDC "Sequential" lights. Can I have some more information from people who have this product. Once you brake, they turn on one by one? Do you buy a new light housing or what?

2. Would it be wise to use some smoke covers (3m tape) on the Sequentail lights?

3. What other minor mods can I make to the interior/exterior to make the car look really good? The sonic blue GT comes with a stock body kit, but it looks like it doesnt have a grille. Its basically empty holes.

Any good aftermarket sites would help.

Thank you!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:18 PM
gianf
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New to the neighborhood!!!

Greetings Chris,

You will find a wealth of information on this forum if you will spend about an hour going through the old posts. We have discussed hood scoops, new hoods, hood pins, dash kits, wheels, tires, painted stripes vs. decal stripes, colored mirrors, etc. Have a good time gleaning the field.

Steve
Old 05-21-2005, 03:31 PM
GWFoos
2nd Gear Member

I have the seq. taillights and you can buy a new housing assembly or just a splice kit. The splice kit will cost $100 less than the housing assembly unit.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:30 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: SonicMustanGT

Hey all, my names chris and its my first time on this forum!

Im getting a 2005 GT Sonic Blue, hopefully by the end of this week. I had a few questions and I was hoping some of you could answer them.
Welcome, Chris... and great choice of color!!

1. As soon as I get my car, I want to add some minor mods to it. I am firstly thinking about the CDC "Sequential" lights. Can I have some more information from people who have this product. Once you brake, they turn on one by one? Do you buy a new light housing or what?
I bought the "chase" system here... delivery expected on Tuesday. They have videos of both the chase and sequential lights. http://www.meter4it.com/2005_Mustang.htm

Also, CDC is generally overpriced for a lot of stuff. Check around when buying.

2. Would it be wise to use some smoke covers (3m tape) on the Sequentail lights?
I wouldn't, but that's my personal taste... to each his own

3. What other minor mods can I make to the interior/exterior to make the car look really good? The sonic blue GT comes with a stock body kit, but it looks like it doesnt have a grille. Its basically empty holes.

Any good aftermarket sites would help.
Check out this thread... there are some good links in there:

https://mustangforums.com/m_456038/tm.htm

And, like gianf said... dig around... and use the search function. You can get a lot of great info from the perusers of this Forum.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:12 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good info here and good people willing to help.

I don't even have a build date for my car yet but I've allready started buying goodies for it. I bought the sequential light from Web Electric. I got them for about $59 on ebay and they come with a life time warranty. The installation loos really simple and a few members in the forum said it took them less then an hour to install.

Have fun with the car and check in often. The wealth of information in this forum is priceless.