Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT beater!!!!!????

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

look very closely at how a Terlingua mustang is put together, as its a really cool car. Puts out about 375 hp, lowered, better tires and brakes etc. As it weighs a lot less than a GT it will blow a non-modded GT in a straight line, in the curves, up hills, etc. I think it adds about 8-18 grand to the base six depending on the package. Now you are way into GT territory, but I understand a Terlingua is a real gas to drive through the twistys. Check it out on youtube
Old 10-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lrgnation
Their ain't no fackin way your gonna beat a gt without forced induction. So pull your head out and quit dreaming.
Exactly where is this magical power supposed to come from it's not going to just drop from the sky!

And if you beat an 04 GT the guy just couldn't drive but stop talking yourself up as if your car was stronger.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

Amazing how two cylinders makes your ***** grow by a few feet, not inches.

*waits for GT owners to get "offended" by that comment*
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

like I always tell ppl saying " compensating for something by owning a GT mustang ? "

I may be, but I drive something with huge nuts !!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:26 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

This thread is funny, not the OP, but some of the responses I read like this one "Is it possible for a V6 with a CAI, bamachips 93 race tune, 4.10 gears, t-lok, corsa dual exhausts to beat a stock GT on the quarter mile??". The answer is IT'S IMPOSSIBLE, not unless a complete dumb a$$ is in the GT. But try your luck and see if one day after going through 100 GT's and getting bad results you run into one, that'd be the day.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:28 AM
buddyantunez1
2nd Gear Member

look into the X-Charger. its a very clean M90 setup for the 05'+ 4.0 guys. friend back home is making 308whp with a conservative tune.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

any stock 6er can beat a GT if the GT has a crappy enough driver...
Old 10-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

LOL. This is pointless unless you plan to go up against purely stock GT's. Even with nitrous you'd never beat a GT running a CAI and tune.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 AM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

Don't forget that even if you go the FI route on that sixer you still have the problem of a much weaker rear differential and axels. Add that HP to your sixer and you'll be spitting out the ring and pinion all over the track.

While you're at it better upgrade those sixer brakes to GT standards. You will need to bring it to a stop somehow.

When you look at the total effort and cost involved, these "make my sixer faster than a GT" are pointless.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:02 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by Figure8
Where can i find heads/cams for the 4.0? i recently been lookin..
http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...1HeadsCams.pdf

I recently read a thread elsewhere from a guy who installed SSM's stage 2 or 3 heads with stock cams and dyno'd
at 230rwhp (forget his torque number). Another guy with PowerHouse cams & heads (no longer available) dyno'd around
280rwhp with his 4.0L/auto V6 (before he added an STS turbo). Those are STRONG numbers for a N/A V6, and would
put a 4.0L into solid mid-13's, which is comparable to S197 times.

Is it pointless to mod these 4.0L's for track use? There are a bunch of guys who would say no. Rygen, Buckman, fazm,
boss, 28HopUp (shameless plug!) have done great things with the Torque Monster. It's all about taking what you've
got and getting more out of it. Isn't that what the GT's do too? Sheesh, is it that hard to understand why racing a V6
can be just as much fun as racing with two or more cylinders? Still don't believe me, then look at the following pic
and ask yourself if I was having a good time -

Quick Reply: GT beater!!!!!????