Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infiniti G37 just as good as mustang? (new baby coming)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by atldave
Babies and kids spill stuff on the seat, get crayon marks on things, crunch up cheerios everywhere, etc. Believe me, you don't want to drive something so pristine that you are going to get upset every time these little mishaps happen. And happen they WILL.
No offense intended by this question. I've heard this sort of thing before. And I have to ask myself, WHY do they have to happen? Why can't you feed the kids at home instead of in the back of the car? Or give them crayons at home instead of while driving?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
ptaylor_9849
2nd Gear Member

Please trust me on this one as I'm 45 yrs old with one in college and one in high school so I've been in your shoes. If your stang still makes you smile after three years DO NOT get rid of it. Like many here have suggested, buy a 4 door sedan that is really inexpensive and use that to cart around the infant. Maybe something like a Mazda 3, Sable or Taurus. You can buy these cars all day for well under ten grand. Mark my words on this: If you drop 40k on a G37 it will not make you smile and eventually, you will begin to regret your decision and possibly resent the baby for it. Moreover, you mentioned that you've owned the stang for 3 yrs so I'm assuming that it is either paid off or close to it. Taking on a big car loan for an expensive G37 is not practical for a new dad. There you have it, you've been given some very good advice. If you love your Mustang then find a way to make it work.

Last edited by ptaylor_9849; 11-02-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:35 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Even though my wife owns a Subaru Forester.. we take my car more often.. and we have no troubles with fitting all of their crap in the car. The only condition is that I am the one that has to put the kids in the car seats

These cars do well within the family. I plan on driving the wife and kids to Tennessee next summer (from Saint Louis, Mo) in my car instead of taking the Subaru... keep the stang.. there is no reason to give it up.. especially with only one kid.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
No offense intended by this question. I've heard this sort of thing before. And I have to ask myself, WHY do they have to happen? Why can't you feed the kids at home instead of in the back of the car? Or give them crayons at home instead of while driving?
Exactly.. I have had 0 issues with the kids in the car. And frankly.. even if they did spill something.. who cares? I even leave the car seats in when I go to shows... most Mustang fans love these cars because they remember there dad or relative taking them on cruises and such.. I plan on giving my kids that same experience.. and in the mean time.. teaching them how to respect their property.. and maybe a thing or two about cars as well. Hell, my 4 year old daughter has already helped my change my oil and rotate my tires.. and she loves it!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
itchy5
1st Gear Member

Personally I'd keep the mustang, cover the back seat in plastic protective coating, and suck it up with cramming the kid in the back ... for purely financial reasons of course. You're going to take loss selling the mustang and buying a new car.

If I were going to get a new 4-door sedan, I'd get a G8 (even though it is a GM product) 30K for a 360 Hp rwd family car ... not too shabby
Old 11-02-2008, 07:30 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Congrats. My wife is due with my thied boy in the next week. Im going through the same trouble. We now go on cruises with the 4 of us but with the extra baby it makes us 5. No more family Mustang outings. But Im going to keep it. I do have to trade my SUV for a larger SUV so I can use all the booster seats and car seats and strollers and diaper bages and ***** and scooters and gloves and bats.............................................. ....... But dont rush, wait until the baby comes and things will all fall into place and always better than you were expecting. Maybe u can get a Honda Accord lease and keep the Stang as well.