Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Watts Link installed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:07 PM
2005mach1
4th Gear Member

Now I know your secret suspension mod
Old 11-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Eddie has it (4Liter6) // PM him
Old 11-06-2008, 02:10 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Jack -changing out the sway bar and PHB will help in the corners your describing with on ramps and such and I know exactly what your talking about..... what do you have "upgraded" right now? Sounds to me that a few suspension upgrades as opposed to a major suspension upgrade is a better and cheaper way to go but to each his own! Oh and yes I detail on the side and I don't charge enough....LOL I will PM you soon about that! later J
Old 11-10-2008, 11:40 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Jack -changing out the sway bar and PHB will help in the corners your describing with on ramps and such and I know exactly what your talking about..... what do you have "upgraded" right now? Sounds to me that a few suspension upgrades as opposed to a major suspension upgrade is a better and cheaper way to go but to each his own! Oh and yes I detail on the side and I don't charge enough....LOL I will PM you soon about that! later J
J, I think maybe your cheaper way would be the way to go. I don't plan on road racing or anything like that. Just want a more balanced handling car.

I followed your recommendation for getting the rubber off my rear quarter panels and they're clean now. The bug and tar remover worked great. I'm waiting for your PM. I'm glad to hear you don't charge enough because I don't pay enough.

Thanks to all who have responded.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Here is a cheaper watts link. Was looking at putting one on mine but in the ended decided against it.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Lakewood/620/20505/10002/-1
Old 11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Hootna
Here is a cheaper watts link. Was looking at putting one on mine but in the ended decided against it.

This is the case of you get what you pay for.......I would get the Saleen or Techno one.....The Techno one is designed by the same guy which used to work at Saleen.....

Very interesting MOD......worth it!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna

That's more like what I'd want to pay but it certainly doesn't look as strong as the Steeda or Saleen. That saddle with the U-bolts for over the axle looks pretty skimpy. I haven't heard of the Techno one. I'll have to look it up.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

it's Techco, not Techno.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by wingman75
J, I think maybe your cheaper way would be the way to go. I don't plan on road racing or anything like that. Just want a more balanced handling car.

I followed your recommendation for getting the rubber off my rear quarter panels and they're clean now. The bug and tar remover worked great. I'm waiting for your PM. I'm glad to hear you don't charge enough because I don't pay enough.

Thanks to all who have responded.
Jack I will detail your car and it requires about 8-12 hrs of my time and I am the only one that touches the car (don't trust any help) and I don't have much time this year to do it. Come spring we can talk and I can get her done unless your garage is heated to at least 60 degrees then we can talk about getting it done before Thanksgiving PM me if interested! The price is cheaper than any detail shop I know of and they pay kids to do the work...... I have a great story on that one....anyway to get back on track I think it was a wise choice for you to just opt against getting the watts link suspension........ JMO
Old 11-11-2008, 10:28 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Jack I will detail your car and it requires about 8-12 hrs of my time and I am the only one that touches the car (don't trust any help) and I don't have much time this year to do it. Come spring we can talk and I can get her done unless your garage is heated to at least 60 degrees then we can talk about getting it done before Thanksgiving PM me if interested! The price is cheaper than any detail shop I know of and they pay kids to do the work...... I have a great story on that one....anyway to get back on track I think it was a wise choice for you to just opt against getting the watts link suspension........ JMO
PM sent J.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Watts Link installed.