Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP cams dyno sheet after tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I would call it more of a vibration than shake. It's not too bad but you can definitely feel it. I think my HD engine mounts probably exaggerate it.

It sounds and feels like a hotrod now. Charging up the vidcam this morning...
Old 11-08-2008, 11:13 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

wow great thread, I'm gonna be gettin these in a couple of weeks and I just might pop into murillo for some tuning, It'll be a little more difficult though because I have the paxton on there. I hope I don't blow this motor or do I........
Old 11-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Not1My1Fault
2nd Gear Member

How loud is the idle? Should there be a problem with inspection here in texas with these cams?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

The problem with inspection here in TX is with the sensors. You can only have two sensors showing a "fail" condition. My car had three sensors showing "fail" with the rear O2's turned off (when I had the off-road pipe) in the bama tune so they didn't want to pass me.

Murillo said he would send me another tune to re-activate everything so I can pass inspection when the time comes.

My idle is not that loud with the catted midpipe on. Noticable for sure, but not obnoxiously loud.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Not1My1Fault
2nd Gear Member

Ya in my area of texas thay dont check for codes Thay just do a brake test and thay about it , idk how it is with where your at but here thay have to drive your car whitch i hate ><
Old 11-08-2008, 05:57 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
They had to swap out my tuner with a Diablosport Predator because it works better with their dyno software or has more options than the SCT model. They traded me at no cost (depending how you look at it, after all the dyno tune was 500 bucks).

I was at 292.54hp and 307.68tq prior to the cams. Now I'm at 337.4hp and 328tq. It was expensive but worth it I suppose. I plan to install some aftermarket COPs and UDP's next week which should have me sniffing the 350whp mark.

That's a 45 HP gain. DAMN! I don't think anyone has seen gains like that with the hot rods. Usually it's around 20 to 25 if you're lucky. I wonder if they just tuned it in a way so most gains are up high instead of being spread out? Although, I'd need to see the baseline graph overlayed on top of the new one to know that for sure I guess.

I'm probably going to have my uncle help me install the cams at his shop so that'll save me a lot of labor costs. I'll also use a bama tune to get me by for a while until I make it down to Murillo. A lot of people use bama tunes for these cams and it works well for them so I'll give it a try too. Of course the dyno tune will always be better.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Flatline1980
2nd Gear Member

wheres the video??
Old 11-08-2008, 07:04 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

He's got some other mods. When you put the right mods together, the gains are greater than the sum of the parts. I think CAI + cam + headers creates a lot of synergy.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Exactly.... I had every supporting mod for additional air/fuel flow except the part (CAMS FTW). can't wait for the C&L intake to market. I'm a huge N/A fan now .

i've been driving around tonight and holy ****, the car is a huge attention getter. everyone checked it out before, now they're rolling the windows down to hear the idle. very nice!
Old 11-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

vids coming tomorrow flatline....

I need traction mods now. that's where all the money goes from now on. i wanted a 12 second car, I now have the power for one with suspension mods.

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 11-08-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Reply: FRPP cams dyno sheet after tuning