Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about GT500 spoiler from The Spoiler Store...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VictoriaRR
They're vinyl. Had them done when I lived in Texas September of last year. The spoiler is striped, too.
I wouldn't think it would be an issue to get the stripes transferred or some new ones cut for next to nothing, and you wouldn't have to replace the spoiler it would come right off
Old 11-09-2008, 09:57 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

True... but I'd be a bit scared to install the stripes myself. I wouldn't doubt that the guy that did my stripes could send me some for a fee though.

Maybe I'll just get rid of the stripes and start over, lol.

Do you all think that any harm would come to the paint of either the spoiler or the decklid if I mounted the spoiler on the decklid using just the bolts and no 3M tape?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I would use something even something really thin even if it wasn't tape, could snoop around the parts store, anything to keep it from rubbing against the paint could be a PIA later
Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Even though it wouldn't be ideal, I suppose I could also cut the 3M tape to make sure it doesn't touch the parts that are striped. Hopefully that wouldn't warp the spoiler in that area, though.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

Im sure maybe someone around your new area could put the stripes on the spoiler for you. A lot of companies specializing in decals do things like that to cars all the time for radio stations / police etc. So maybe Baltimore Street Mods can make some for the spoiler for you and you just take it there... just my 2 cents..
Old 11-09-2008, 10:38 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

i really want the gt500 spoiler
Old 11-09-2008, 10:44 PM
tire31539
2nd Gear Member

I know that we've covered that the spoiler store is a good place, I just had to share my experience with them. When I ordered my gt500 spoiler this summer I accidentally shipped it to my college mail box, no big deal, I called the spoiler store and had them re-route it. Well, UPS still delivered it to the wrong address and it got returned to sender and UPS told me I was going to have to pay shipping twice, even though I re-routed the package the day it was shipped.......long story short, I don't know if the spoiler store covered shipping or what but the nice service rep called me about an hour after I had got done with a pissing match with ups and told me that the shipping costs had been taken care of and to expect my package in a few days, and to call them if there were any more problems. Even if the product was crap you can't brag enough on service like that, I would buy from them without hesitation again if I needed another spoiler.

Oh, did I mention it looks really good?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Your really gonna like the spoiler its gonna take some work to remove the stock spoiler but the GT500 spoiler really looks good. I also bought mine from The Spoiler Store unfortunetly I was not happy with there service because it took several weeks to recieve mine, but when I recieved it I was really happy of how it looks.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

The paint was very good on mine although the spoiler itself had some waves in it you could see if you looked at it just right. Make sure you inspect it really well before you install it. On the plus side, when my car was in the shop to repair some hail damage they nicked the spoiler w/ buffer and burned the paint so they repainted it for me and in the process took out most of the waves.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:37 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

When I received my GT500 spoiler from The Spoiler Store, it had a blemish in the paint right on top of the spoiler. It was very small and had it been under the lip I probably wouldn't have complained. I notified The Spoiler Store and they sent me another spoiler right away (before I sent back the first one). Very good customer service!

+1 on checking everything closely before installing. This goes for any part from any vendor.

Quick Reply: Question about GT500 spoiler from The Spoiler Store...