Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for S197 whipple owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM
CobraO
1st Gear Member

This is terrible I know, but are you sure you have them seated all the way in, pressed down so the o-rings are seated?

Sorry, just a thought.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
danbogart
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CobraO
This is terrible I know, but are you sure you have them seated all the way in, pressed down so the o-rings are seated?

Sorry, just a thought.
I'm pretty sure. I mean I pushed them in and the pushed some more and some more and some more. And they were down as far as i could get them to go.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 PM
danbogart
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by loots06
I have an extra set of the shorty injectors
If they're anything 39# or higher I'll trade ya some cobra injectors.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

trust me the long style will not work.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:45 AM
danbogart
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone know if these will work?
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=16216
Old 11-14-2008, 06:32 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

I have your solution, check your instruction page 33 step number 97 (See step 29 for a better pic). Your intake tube will not go into the throttle body because of the fuel line connection not because of the Fuel PSI sender. The fuel line connection is secured to the fuel rail by a metal bracket that is spot welded holding it in place. Check that connection, its gonna be just a little higher than the bottom of the Throttle body. Its a round chrome piece.

What you will have to do it to bend that metal bracket DOWN and AWAY approximately 1/4 of an inch. The cavity in the bottom of the intake should allow for the fuel PSI sender to settle in and clear the way for the intake tube to be properly place in the TB. You have to be very careful when you do this because you do not want to crack that fuel line going to the fuel rail. Otherwise you will have a car-B-Q and you dont want that. This should solve your problem, I know because I just did the same thing. My intake now set level with the TB and the fuel PSi sender is now just about flush. You want a clear smooth path for the air flow to go into the throttle body.

If you should have any more questions let me know. Keep us posted and provide an update when your all done.

Last edited by loots06; 11-14-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: DOWN AND AWAY
Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 PM
danbogart
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to bump again so soon but not being able to finish this blower install is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha
Old 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
danbogart
2nd Gear Member

I have your solution, check your instruction page 33 step number 97 (See step 29 for a better pic). Your intake tube will not go into the throttle body because of the fuel line connection not because of the Fuel PSI sender. The fuel line connection is secured to the fuel rail by a metal bracket that is spot welded holding it in place. Check that connection, its gonna be just a little higher than the bottom of the Throttle body. Its a round chrome piece.

What you will have to do it to bend that metal bracket towards the driver's side fender approximately 1/4 of an inch. The cavity in the bottom of the intake should allow for the fuel PSI sender to settle in and clear the way for the intake tube to be properly place in the TB. You have to be very careful when you do this because you do not want to crack that fuel line going to the fuel rail. Otherwise you will have a car-B-Q and you dont want that. This should solve your problem, I know because I just did the same thing. My intake now set level with the TB and the fuel PSi sender is now just about flush. You want a clear smooth path for the air flow to go into the throttle body.

If you should have any more questions let me know. Keep us posted and provide an update when your all done.
Wow I didnt even see that post before I bumped. haha Thanks Loots, you're the man!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

What you will have to do it to bend that metal bracket DOWN AND AWAY approximately 1/4 of an inch. The cavity in the bottom of the intake should allow for the fuel PSI sender to settle in and clear the way for the intake tube to be properly place in the TB. You have to be very careful when you do this because you do not want to crack that fuel line going to the fuel rail. Otherwise you will have a car-B-Q and you dont want that. This should solve your problem, I know because I just did the same thing. My intake now set level with the TB and the fuel PSi sender is now just about flush. You want a clear smooth path for the air flow to go into the throttle body.

those blue pencils should work just fine. if you did the above.

Last edited by loots06; 11-14-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:15 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

I meant DOWN AND AWAY...

NO, worries man. I tell you what I could not have done the install with out the help of people on this forum. Now, take your time and finish the job. Post a vid when your all done. Let us hear that F'en whine!!

Oh I still have those shorty injectors if you want them..$200 bucks and they're yours

Quick Reply: Question for S197 whipple owners