Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership makes $1,500 Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 09:01 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Default Dealership makes $1,500 Mistake

I just want to know how many people would take advantage of a dealership mistake.

I am currently out of town and my dealership sent me the contract to sign and send back so I could get the info to my bank, and also get the additional work done, which they won't do til the car is signed for, so I can have the car the day I return home.

The contract which is all signed by the dealership has an error in the pricing and is $1500 less than what we had agreed on.

I won't be signing and taking advantage of their mistake because I have a great relationship with my dealership The correct contract is in the mail, which I should get back to them on Tuesday assuming I receive it on Monday.

So, how many people would do the same?
Old 05-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dealership makes $1,500 Mistake

well, i also have a good relationship with my dealership, so if they did that same thing to me, i would do the same. BUT if i had been d*cked around with before getting the paper work to me or if i had been purchasing from a dealership that had screwed someone over on here that i read about all the time, then i would happily sign the contract and then after i had the keys to the car in my hand, i would point out their blunder and smile as i did a burn out in their driveway onto the main road.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:25 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

That's a tough call but I have learned that if I keep $1500 knowing damn well it's not mine I will probably lose the saem amount if not more later down the road, it's bad freakin Karma!!! Be honest and it will pay off one way or the other but in a good way!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Bullitt79
1st Gear Member

I have yet to find a dealership that has treated me with any kind of respect and or been fair with me on the prices over the years,so I would take the contract with a smile.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
luv_the_stang
1st Gear Member

take the money n run
dont be a loser lol
Old 05-29-2005, 10:00 PM
luv_the_stang
1st Gear Member

or i should say
if your going to be a loser n tell the dealer
least dont tell the world about it lol
Old 05-29-2005, 10:04 PM
fire19

Dude you made the right decision. I bought a Ford Truck from my local dealer. We got a great deal to begin with. Then a month later we got a check in the mail from the dealer for $800. I called abouot the check and they said that the price they had on the truck was wrong (?) and they had made a mistake with the pricing. I was needless to say shocked. I wrote the newspaper and told everyone the story. When I went back to order my 05 Mustang they sold it to me for 500 over invoice. So make sure that you foster the GOOD relationship with the good dealer.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:05 PM
fire19

Dude you made the right decision. I bought a Ford Truck from my local dealer. We got a great deal to begin with. Then a month later we got a check in the mail from the dealer for $800. I called abouot the check and they said that the price they had on the truck was wrong (?) and they had made a mistake with the pricing. I was needless to say shocked. I wrote the newspaper and told everyone the story. When I went back to order my 05 Mustang they sold it to me for 500 over invoice. So make sure that you foster the GOOD relationship with the good dealer.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:11 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

thiers really only a good relation if they make good money off your deals.....there went 1500 in free mods out the window....but hey if you sleep better at nite than you did the right thing I guess
Old 05-29-2005, 10:14 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Take the money, they are still making over 1,000 off you.
It was their mistake.
As sargeant Schultz would say, I saw nothing! (us older folks should recognize that one)

Quick Reply: Dealership makes $1,500 Mistake