Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT header install

Old 11-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Jestaar
1st Gear Member

Default LT header install

I tried the search and can't find specific answrs to what I need here. I've called multiple local shops and no one seems experienced in doing this nor seem interested in installing the setup I have.

So, this brings me to attempting the install myself. I've been sitting on these new JBA LT headers for a month now and can't wait to get them installed. The main problem is recently, I've been i'll and have been in a lot of pain. Once, I'm over this, I'm thinking of going for it, so would appreciate any advice. I have some experience under the hood of older model Mustangs, so I'm not afraid to get into it for a day or two if I need to.

If anyone does know of a good shop in Southern Cali, let me know also...
Old 11-27-2008, 04:49 PM
cantwin1
1st Gear Member

I've seen posts from time to time from people having installed the JBA's. Shouldn't be any different than any other brand. If you do it yourself...at least get someone to help you, one up top, one under the car. I think it helps to have someone tall and skinny! My kid helped me..he about 6'2. His long arms were able to reach places that were killing me trying to get to, and he was able to reach in and work in the engine bay with the help of a small kitchen stool. I'm only 5'5, damn near have to climb in there with the engine to reach the header bolts.

Good luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:33 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...cal-shops.html

try these
Old 11-28-2008, 04:44 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jestaar
I tried the search and can't find specific answrs to what I need here. I've called multiple local shops and no one seems experienced in doing this nor seem interested in installing the setup I have.

So, this brings me to attempting the install myself. I've been sitting on these new JBA LT headers for a month now and can't wait to get them installed. The main problem is recently, I've been i'll and have been in a lot of pain. Once, I'm over this, I'm thinking of going for it, so would appreciate any advice. I have some experience under the hood of older model Mustangs, so I'm not afraid to get into it for a day or two if I need to.

what city you located in?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:29 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jestaar

hey man. i plan on doing a header instal myself when i get around to it. here are some articles that i have found that will help me and have boosted my confidence in taking on this task.

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...ks_Install.pdf

you may have to subscribe to this forum to view this one, not sure

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...long-tube.html

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techar...ers/index.html

hope this helps
Old 11-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

They put mine on a lift and dropped the k-member to get them in. I applaud you guys that attempt it yourself w/o a lift.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:15 PM
davisr014
2nd Gear Member

I installed BBK LTs in the driveway with my wife helping. I won't say it was easy, but it was not the hardest thing I have completed.