Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MM vs. J&M Adj. PHB

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 09:33 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I wish I had a garage and four floor jacks...oh yeah, and that BMR suspension setup!

I'm gonna redo my suspension when I get the new wheels, so my plans have been delayed again!!! It'll be worth it though. I just have springs from now, and I am starting to wish that I got the D-specs from the get go. It wasn't so bad at first, but now its getting a little irritating.

On the original topic, Stangsuspension has the BMR adj panhard on sale for $118 and some change. It cost $12 to ship, so you really don't save much, but saving is saving. That's the one I plan to get, but not right now.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasperGT
I wish I had a garage and four floor jacks...
Me too...
Discount Tire has a garage and four floor jacks.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by degeze
Very good point pascal, I see what you mean but I have never thought about that.
Here...
That's what I should have done.
Reuse the OEM bar and after the cutting and welding I was talking about in the previous post, I should have used this hardware I picked up at LOWES for cheap.
Done.

Last edited by pascal; 10-04-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

Well crap I didn't think about all that... Pascal is it a huge PITA to deal with adjusting the style of PHB like the Steeda and J&M? Don't you just have to deal with it once pretty much?? I already bought it
Old 12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
scorpio333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xxDerek
Well crap I didn't think about all that... Pascal is it a huge PITA to deal with adjusting the style of PHB like the Steeda and J&M? Don't you just have to deal with it once pretty much?? I already bought it
Dealing with it once was more than enough for me. I thought the end adjusters would be a bit stronger, but in hindsight perhaps one adjuster in the middle isn't that much weaker than two on the ends. I put the J&M on last weekend and it's a pita. Adjust it to length off the car by guessing, remember to keep both ends 'square'. Put on car and measure each side. Remove, adjust, reinstall, repeat until correct. Getting both ends square and tightened was a hassle. Seems much easier to insall the other style, then adjust on car and tighten the jam nuts. Just my .02 if I had to do it over.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:48 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You would think so...
But I had to go back at it 3 times! PITA

I put the rear in the middle of the car, go test drive it and it stays where I put it.
Alright, but a few days later, the rear has shifted, and I think I know why...
You have to back up the car at a good speed and then stand on the brakes hard to make the back end dive, so it pulls on that phd bar, thus shift the rear.
I only figured that at the third try, duuugh.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:47 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
You have to back up the car at a good speed and then stand on the brakes hard to make the back end dive, so it pulls on that phd bar, thus shift the rear.
I only figured that at the third try, duuugh.
Come on pascal how did you even realize that it was neccesary to do that?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:58 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So I have an opportunity to pick up an Adjustable PHB for $125, it's the MM, same one as here
http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php...ducts_id=12378

or

I can get the J&M Adjustable PHB for $75, same one as here

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-rod-race.html

What do you guys think? J&M just as good as MM or should I pay the extra for quality?
I would get a poly/rod end combo and make sure you place the poly end closest to the body of the car to reduce some of the NVH that will eventually present at a later date. But if you want the rod ends go with the J&M-just looking at it appears to be of better quality ..... JMO

If you hate it -sell it for profit as others have mentioned. Make sure to get the adj PHB the same length as the stock one before you place it on the car if the car is already centered where it should be with the stock one.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by degeze
Come on pascal how did you even realize that it was neccesary to do that?
When my brains started kicking in. lol.
I will make my own this week and post the final result on this thread...
Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Thanks Pascal....pics please...the natives love pics!

Quick Reply: MM vs. J&M Adj. PHB