Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes System

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:41 AM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Man....those posts about the fitment of this system were not kidding. Biggest POS I've ever laid my hands off. I managed to get the driver's side perfect. Clearance to the gas tank, clearance over the panhard support rod, and perfect alignment of the tip. The passenger's side...HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man. Muffler is hitting the gas tank, under throttle the over axle pipe hits the support bar, and the tip is about two inches two low. I won't even start on the MASSIVE exhaust leaks... Tomorrow I am heading to an exhaust shop to see what they can do for me, they're gonna weld it all up. Hopefully this turns out alright. Now that I've heard what the 4 inch tips look like on the car, I'm switching the LM tips back tommorow to see if there's a sounds difference and will go from there. This thing trumpets like no other...and it's really raspy. Whoever said it sounds more like a 4 valve was lying lol.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:28 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLO
Man....those posts about the fitment of this system were not kidding. Biggest POS I've ever laid my hands off. I managed to get the driver's side perfect. Clearance to the gas tank, clearance over the panhard support rod, and perfect alignment of the tip. The passenger's side...HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man. Muffler is hitting the gas tank, under throttle the over axle pipe hits the support bar, and the tip is about two inches two low. I won't even start on the MASSIVE exhaust leaks... Tomorrow I am heading to an exhaust shop to see what they can do for me, they're gonna weld it all up. Hopefully this turns out alright. Now that I've heard what the 4 inch tips look like on the car, I'm switching the LM tips back tommorow to see if there's a sounds difference and will go from there. This thing trumpets like no other...and it's really raspy. Whoever said it sounds more like a 4 valve was lying lol.
Wow good to hear, now I know it not only has terrible quality like the H but also doesnt sound as amazing as I thought it would with the H. After hearing that I'll stick to the flows till they rust out. Thnx for the opinion!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

I will get a vid of it in a few weeks when I head back up to Orlando. I take back what I said about the sound. Today I went to a shop and had them align it and cinch it down because I didn't have an impact wrench which is really what you need for the clamps. I had SOO many exhaust leaks and now they are all gone. It sounds realy really good now. At WOT it sounds a little raspy for my taste but idle is heaven compared to the LM's. Revving it also sounds great and cruising is really nice. Still trumpets though. Definately louder in the interior then the LM's and drones a little more. I will get on the highway in the next few days and get my impressions on the sound.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:26 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Cool keep me updated, my concerns are raspyness, trumpeting, overall loudness and most importantly the loudness of cold starts, thanks!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:22 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Cool beans, enjoy the ride...
Old 12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

VistaGT- This exhaust has been such a hassle. It does sound good and trust me it's better then the SLP LM's when it comes to cold start. It does trumpet just before I shift, around 1900 RPM or so. It is only raspy at WOT. Driving around the city it sounds great, incredibly aggressive. This is a very very loud exhaust, the loudest I have ever heard on the S197 so far. This exhaust is seriously a royal pain in the ***. If you get clearance on the the canisters, the over axle hits. Finding a balance is so hard. And then there's the exhaust leaks. I gotta finish tracking them down tomorrow and getting all the clamps cinched down.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:39 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLO
VistaGT- This exhaust has been such a hassle. It does sound good and trust me it's better then the SLP LM's when it comes to cold start. It does trumpet just before I shift, around 1900 RPM or so. It is only raspy at WOT. Driving around the city it sounds great, incredibly aggressive. This is a very very loud exhaust, the loudest I have ever heard on the S197 so far. This exhaust is seriously a royal pain in the ***. If you get clearance on the the canisters, the over axle hits. Finding a balance is so hard. And then there's the exhaust leaks. I gotta finish tracking them down tomorrow and getting all the clamps cinched down.
Funny I don't even have the mid-muffler and I have exhaust problems with pypes---the H.
Same thing for me, I make it clear one thing it hits another. To make it clear everything gives me the worst tip alignment ever! The bungs were in the wrong place, the pipes were not an even length, it is a piece!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:38 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Alright here's my update for this morning's work. The H-Pipe was sagging which made everything hang to low. I leveled that out and made the mufflers as even as possible under the car. The driver's can is still lower but whatever, I'll take it. I also cleared it over the panhard bar brace. Tomorrow I am fixing the last of the rattles...the two driver's side hangers. I also fixed all teh leaks except the two in the H-Pipe which I will have welded tomorrow. After...I am NEVER touching this thing again.