Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pypes System

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:13 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Default Pypes System

Alright, I finally have all the components to the exhaust system. Here's the deal though, my H-Pipe looks strange. I don't know if Pypes redesigned the H-Pipe recently, but judging off of TacoBill's write up, it' just two pieces, one on each side clamped together at the crossover tube to form the H-Pipe. Now mine consists of 4 pieces, and has 2 funnels to create a better seal at the header. Just more crap to get welded after it's in the car =(. Anyone else run into this also? The box is labeled correctly and it looks like it'll fit. Thing is, I had the entire exhaust system shipped to my house while I'm up here at UCF. I go home in two days and will install it but I just wanna know that I have the right H-Pipe or if I should exchange it with Brenspeed. The part number is something like HFM23 I believe. Attached are some pics, and I realize the pipes are in the incorrect order. My father laid them out and he's coming from a 65' Cobra with sidepipes and has no experience with an H-Pipe:

Last edited by KLO; 12-08-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

No takers? Argh... I will call brenspeed tomorrow and find out more info and post up, someone else may have the same question later down the road.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:05 PM
sonicmetalicS197
2nd Gear Member

I put this kit on my V6 about 3 months ago. That's what it looked like, minus the funnel thingys and everything worked out right. But you might have a tiny bit of trouble getting the back to line up exactly right, i had to cut about 2 inches off of the left hanger in the back so it would be high enough, weird.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:10 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

it does look different in Taco's write up. but if you look in brenspeed website, it does look like 4 pieces. enlarge the pic and you can see where the front pipe goes into the h pipe.
http://www.brenspeed.com/hfm23.html
but would be best to call brenspeed to make sure before starting the install just to be sure. you wouldnt want to be half way thru only to realize it's the wrong part. but you're gonna love the M80 mid mufflers, awesome sound. get some vids after you put them in. they sound like pure evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:12 PM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

since his write up they changed it to a 4 piece design...It's right but its just different now.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

nice set up bro, welcome to the MM gang , im only a part memebr though

best sound for s197 hands down
Old 12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

paydirt- that was the confirmation I was looking for thank you.

TOMBSTANG- thanks man! Your set up sounds wicked too, I think the tips made it much deeper and took away a lot of rasp when I heard it this past weekend.

I will be making a comparison video between the SLP LM's I have now and the Pypes MMS and O/R H. The usual, cold start (the aboslute worst part of the LM's), revs, slow take off, full throttle. The problem is editing all the footage together. Not exactly soemthing I know how to do. We'll see.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLO
paydirt- that was the confirmation I was looking for thank you.

TOMBSTANG- thanks man! Your set up sounds wicked too, I think the tips made it much deeper and took away a lot of rasp when I heard it this past weekend.

I will be making a comparison video between the SLP LM's I have now and the Pypes MMS and O/R H. The usual, cold start (the aboslute worst part of the LM's), revs, slow take off, full throttle. The problem is editing all the footage together. Not exactly soemthing I know how to do. We'll see.
are you keeping your slp's out back too? I would it does sound a lil diff then the MM system and the tips are much nicer IMO ,18 inch long compared to like 6inch of the MM set.

should sound good with your o/r h Ill have to hear it compared to my x, maybe meet up and shoot a clip 2 compare. check out this vid, we could do something liek that, give ya a sweet idea of what it sound slike> i want to get a video of every diff set up from this angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuMct0EiuMg
Old 12-09-2008, 07:57 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

They switched to a 4 piece design to save on shipping costs. Brenspeed doesn't charge for shipping, and when gas prices got out of control, shipping costs went up.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 AM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Tomb- I think I Pm'd you about keeping the tips on the system but I realized that on the MM system the hangers are on the pipe while on the SLP system the hangers are on the tip. I will msot likely try each tip on and if I like the SLP's better, I will cut the hanger off the pipe and put the SLP tips on. As far as the vid, I have no problem with that whatsoever. That angle is absolutely sick, catches the aggressiveness of the exhaust very well. I will contact you when I'm back from winter break.

Quick Reply: Pypes System